Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas
A cheesy, delectable Tex-Mex casserole that will have you coming back for seconds!
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- Category: Entree, Chicken
- Method: Mixing, Sauteing, Baking
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper (red or green, I used red)
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 c. sour cream
- 10–12 6-inch flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350º. Grease 9 x 13 pan and set aside.
- Cook onions and bell pepper in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Combine with chicken and green chilies. Set aside.
- In the same pan, melt the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter, blend in flour, seasonings and salt. Whisk in broth, cook and whisk until thick and bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream, ½ cup cheese and ½ cup sauce into chicken mixture. Spoon some of the sauce into bottom of prepared pan. Spoon chicken mixture into the center of each tortilla and roll. Place in pan. Repeat with remaining tortillas.Pour over remaining sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for 25 minutes.