Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Bundt Cake
Cheesecake stuffed chocolate bundt cake is rich and decadent chocolate cake, stuffed with creamy homemade cheesecake filling, topped with a layer of chocolate ganache.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cake
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (I used Ghirardelli)
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Mini Chocolate Chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray the Bundt pan (I used my 10-inch diameter, 12 cup capacity Nordic Ware Bundt Pan) with Bakers Joy or Pam with flour.
- To make filling, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add egg, vanilla, and flour. Beat well and set aside.
- To make the cake, place the cocoa and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Add the boiling water and cover for 5 minutes Whisk smooth and Let cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, whisk in the sour cream..
- Meanwhile, in a mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients alternating with the chocolate mixture to the mixer. Start and end with the dry mixture, beating with each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour less than half in the pan (I used about a third of the batter). Dollop the cream cheese along the center. Top with the rest of the batter.
- Bake approximately 45- 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Cool 10 minutes and flip out onto cooling rack. Let cool completely.
- To make glaze, whisk together cream and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until mixture starts to boil. Add in the chocolate and let rest for a few minutes. Whisk until smooth. Let cool to thicken slightly, then drizzle over top of the cake. Sprinkle with a few mini chocolate chips if desired. Cool before slicing.