Chocolate Snack Mix
A wholesome mixture of whole grain crackers, dried fruit, and nuts lightly coated in chocolate makes for a terrific snack!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: Mixing, Melting, Drizzling
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups Van’s Simply Delicious® Gluten Free Whole Grain Crackers
- 1 cup dried fruit, I used dried tart cherries and dried apricots, chopped
- 3/4 cup cashews (or favorite nut)
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix crackers,dried fruit, and nuts together. Set aside.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- Gently melt chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30-second increments, stopping and stirring till chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour chocolate over cracker mixture and toss to combine. Pour out onto prepared baking sheet, spreading out into clusters. Let cool.
- Store in a sealed container.
If possible, do not refrigerate as the chocolate will develop a bloom or white cast. Keep stored in a cool place in a sealed container.