When the for chocolate strikes, and you don’t want to down a huge slab of layer cake, a simple Cashew Chocolate Snack Mix with Apricots is a much more nutritious way to get your fix! This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Van’s Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.
Cashew Chocolate Snack Mix with Apricots
Those bags of salty snack mixes are addicting, but have you ever thought of making your own? Adding in all your favorite goodies??? That’s what I did today when I got a craving for something sweet. Instead of pure junk food, my snack mix is loaded with nutrient dense ingredients: dried fruit, nuts, and Van’s Simply Delicious® Gluten Free Whole Grain Crackers.
Best of all, I coated all these goodies with chocolate and made this Cashew Chocolate Snack Mix with Apricots. We’ve all heard the benefits of chocolate—that’s the type of news that catches my attention!
Easy and Irresistible
I headed to my local Target to pick up my supplies. I started by locating some crispy Van’s Simply Delicious® Gluten-Free Whole Grain Crackers in the snack aisle, then loaded my cart with some dried fruit for some sweetness, and nuts for a protein boost. To tie it all together, a drizzle of melted chocolate was key. This mixture of flavors and textures was delightfully balanced.
I had all my bases covered. I spread out the mixture on a sheet pan and drizzled melted chocolate over the surface. The next morning, I parceled up this delightful snack mix and took it to my knitting group. The compliments came immediately. “Hey, this is really good,” and “Can I find this on your blog?” It’s so ridiculously simple to make, you have no excuse not to give it a try!
More Snack Recipes You’ll Love:
- White Chocolate Party Mix
- Homemade Caramel Corn
- Cinnamon Apple Chips
- Spicy Sugared Cashews
- Plus Snack Recipes from the Recipe Index
Check your Target store’s snack aisle for these Van’s Simply Delicious® Gluten Free Crackers.
- 3 cups Whole Grain Crackers
- 1 cup dried fruit, I used dried tart cherries and dried apricots, chopped
- 3/4 cup cashews (or favorite nut)
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix crackers,dried fruit, and nuts together. Set aside.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Set aside.
- Gently melt chocolate chips and vegetable oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30-second increments, stopping and stirring till chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour chocolate over cracker mixture and toss to combine. Pour out onto prepared baking sheet, spreading out into clusters. Let cool.
- Store in a sealed container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 462 Total Fat: 23g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 340mg Carbohydrates: 67g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 8g Sugar: 32g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Van’s Foods. The opinions and text are all mine.