Caribbean Salmon Quinoa Salad
A healthy, perfectly portioned salmon salad.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Entree, Salad, Seafood
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American, Caribbean
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 8–12 ounces cooked salmon (rub with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and jerk seasoning, then grill or broil)
- 1–2 mangoes, peeled and cubed (approximately 2 cups)
- 1 1/4 cup sliced and quartered English cucumber (peel first if desired)
- 1 1/4 cups chopped red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- A generous pinch or two of jerk seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Portion out the quinoa, salmon, mango and vegetables into their appropriate containers. There should be enough leftover to make a second salad. Cover with the matching lids and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Make the dressing by whisking together the vinegar, mustard, salt, jerk seasoning, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil while whisking to emulsify.
- When ready to eat, empty the quinoa onto a plate or into a bowl, Top with the remaining ingredients and drizzle with salad dressing.
- Reserve any leftover salad dressing for another use.