Healthy Caribbean Chicken Burgers made with ground chicken and a can of dice tomatoes with lime and cilantro made for a moist, tender, flavorful burger!
Caribbean Chicken Burgers
The kind folks at Red Gold sent me a 6 pack of wonderful tomato products along with a stack of recipe cards for unique burger recipes. These Caribbean Chicken Burgers were calling my name. Made with ground chicken and topped with either avocado or pineapple, they sounded perfectly tropical…which correlated with our late July weather here in the Midwest.
Adding a can of Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice and Cilantro added both moisture and flavor. And I’d never made anything but plain ol’ hamburgers so I was curious how the picky family would react to these out of the ordinary burgers!
Moist Chicken Burger Recipe
Well, what do you know? These were met with high praise. The tomatoes did their job in preventing dry burgers and boosted the flavor with a nice punch of spiciness via the jalapenos in the Red Gold tomatoes. Make certain to drain your tomatoes well…I didn’t and had to add some extra bread crumbs. I’m certain you’ll be more fastidious with the directions! And I hope you’ll try these these moist, flavorful Caribbean Chicken Burgers.Print
Caribbean Chicken Burger
A healthy, flavorful chicken burger with the tastes of the Caribbean
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entree, Chicken
- Method: Mixing, Grilling
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound ground chicken (I used thigh meat)
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can of Red Gold Petite Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice & Cilantro, well drained
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slice avocado or grilled pineapple slices, to garnish, optional
- Combine chicken, tomatoes, egg and bread crumbs. Form into four patties and season to taste with salt and pepper. Grill and cook till internal temperature reaches 160º.
- Serve on toasted bun with avocado slices or grilled pineapple slices and condiments of choice.
Recipe courtesy of Red Gold Tomatoes