Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies
Chewy chocolate cookies filled with soft caramel. Adapted from Pillsbury.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 3-4 dozen 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cookies
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 48 Lancaster brand caramels (or favorite soft caramel candy), unwrapped*
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Beat butter until creamy. Gradually beat in white sugar and brown sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda, and cocoa. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating well. Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Scoop out about 2 tablespoons of dough. Press each piece of dough around a caramel. Roll into a ball. Roll cookie ball in remaining sugar. Place on parchment lined baking sheet about 2-inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes in the preheated oven. Let cool for 3 to 4 minutes on the baking sheets before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Total time does not include chilling time.
*You may want to freeze your caramels for an hour or more before using to help prevent any leakage.