Caprese Grilled Cheese
Inspired by The Ardent Epicure blog
- Sliced ciabatta, or bread of choice, 2 slices per sandwich
- Butter, at room temperature
- 1–2 fresh tomatoes, cut into thin slices
- 1–2 balls of buffalo mozzarella, sliced
- Garlic salt
- Basil leaves, about 2-3 per sandwich
- Brush one side of bread per sandwich with butter and place buttered sides down in large sauté pan. Smear pesto on exposed side. Layer each with cheese, then sprinkle well with garlic salt followed by tomato slices and basil. Top each sandwich with a second slice of buttered bread, butter side up.
- Sauté till first side is golden brown, flip and cook till second side is brown and cheese is melted. Serve hot.