Candy Bar Blondies
Load up your blondies with leftover holiday candies!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 16 bars 1x
- Category: Dessert, Bar Cookies
- Method: Chopping, Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 12 tablespoons butter (1 1/2 sticks), melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1–1 1/2 cups chocolate based candy bars, chopped (Milky Way, Reese’s, 3 Musketeers, Hershey Bars, M&M’s, etc.)*See Notes
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips and M&M’s to garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line a 9 x 9-inch baking pan with nonstick foil, leaving enough overhang to help you lift the blondies from the pan when they’re done.Set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, and salt together in medium bowl; set aside. Whisk melted butter and brown sugar together in medium bowl until combined. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold dry ingredients into egg mixture until just combined; do not over-mix.
- Fold in candy bar pieces and pat batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with an offset spatula. Push in a few chocolate chips on top of dough to garnish, if desired.
- Bake until top is shiny, cracked, and light golden brown, 27-30 minutes; do not over-bake. Immediately after removing from the oven, push in a few chocolate chips and/or M&M’s on top of dough to garnish, if desired.Cool on a wire rack to room temperature. Remove bars from pan using foil and cut to serve.
Chop candy bars with caramel or nougat and freeze while preparing the batter and preheating the oven to prevent any over-melting.
Adapted from Cook’s Illustrated.
- Calories: 273kcal
- Sugar: 28g
- Sodium: 75mg
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 43mg