Cake Batter Ice Cream
A rich vanilla ice cream flavored with cake mix to make a celebratory treat!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Ice Cream
- Method: Heating, Mixing, Freezing
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup cake mix (I used a butter flavored cake mix)
- In a saucepan, heat cream and milk with sugar and cook till sugar dissolves and mixture starts to bubble around the edges.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a large measuring cup or a heat safe bowl. Drizzle some of the hot cream mixture into eggs, whisking constantly. Keep adding cream until about a cup is incorporated, whisking constantly. Pour yolk mixture into pan and cook till mixture just starts to boil, whisking frequently Remove from heat and strain through a sieve to remove any cooked egg. Whisk in vanilla and cake mix till incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Process in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Place in freezer till it reaches desired firmness.
Total time: 9 hours, including an overnight chill