Brownies with vanilla cream filling have a thick brownie base topped with a layer of vanilla cream and a top layer of milk chocolate glaze. The best brownie recipe for chocolate lovers!
Disclosures: I received an OXO Good Brownie Toolset, including a brownie spatula, 6-piece measuring spoon set, a 6 piece measuring cup set and a silicone pastry brush. I was invited to help spread the word about this wonderful cause by sharing a favorite brownie recipe. I elected to spread the word due to my passion for finding cures for all types of cancer. I was not compensated for writing this post.
There may also be affiliate links in this post; see my Disclosure Policy for details. I earn a small percentage from any purchase you make by clicking on these links. This helps me keep my kitchen stocked with butter and chocolate!
Brownies with Vanilla Cream Filling
A thick brownie base, a layer of vanilla cream filling and a milk chocolate glaze…doesn’t that sound heavenly? Well, you KNOW it is when it is a recipe from my sweet friend, Danielle, of Hugs & Cookies XOXO. It’s once again time for us to bake from each other’s blogs…and I selected these rich, irresistible Brownies with Vanilla Cream Filling. And they worked perfectly as part of another project (besides satisfying the sweet tooth of both Katie and Bill).
A Versatile Brownie Recipe
I can picture adding some orange food coloring to the filling for a Halloween treat, green and mint extract for a grasshopper version and a myriad of other options. I would consider doubling the chocolate topping as it barely covered my brownies…and who wouldn’t go for more chocolate??? As always, a huge thank you to Danielle for bringing more deliciousness to my kitchen with this yummy brownie recipe!
OXO Cookies for Kids’ Cancer
As a former oncology RN, I was thrilled to be selected by OXO to bake brownies for their Cookies for Kids’ Cancer Campaign. They will donate $100 to the fund just because I posted a brownie recipe in September! How cool is that? And you, too, can help raise money in support of pediatric cancer research by looking for the green sticker shown below on select OXO baking products. OXO will donate 25 cents in support of pediatric cancer research as part of its $100,000* pledge to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer for each of these specially labeled products sold.
In 2013, OXO will donate up to $100,000 to Cookies for Kids’ Cancer through the sales of the aforementioned tools, bake sale matches and other fundraising efforts. Cookies for Kids’ Cancer is a recognized 501c(3) public charity duly incorporated under the laws of the state of New Jersey. Check the links below to see how else you can get involved…all donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent allowable by law. 100% of proceeds raised by Cookies for Kids’ Cancer fund pediatric cancer research.
A couple of things to help you make the recipe for brownies with vanilla cream filling:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup ( butter
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
For Cream Filling:
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-3 teaspoons cream (start with 1 teaspoon and add more if the filling is too thick)
- 3 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350º and line 8"x8" pan with nonstick foil. In a large bowl, add eggs, and beat with cocoa, salt, baking powder. Stir until fully combined and smooth. In the microwave, melt butter. When melted, add sugar, and stir to combine. Add warm butter/sugar mixture to the egg/cocoa mixture, stirring until smooth. Mix in vanilla. Add the flour to batter and stir until fully incorporated. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake brownies about 35-40 minutes or until inserting a toothpick leaves only moist crumbs. Cool completely.
- With a hand mixer, beat together all of the filling ingredients. Add a teaspoon of cream to make filling spreadable and up to a tablespoon if needed (I used 1 teaspoon). Pour on top of cooled brownies and spread. Return to freezer until set.
- To make glaze, microwave the chocolate chips and butter until smooth and spread on top of the brownies. Chill again before cutting.
Yield: 16 brownies
Total time: 2+ hours with chilling times
Note: consider doubling the chocolate glaze to get full coverage.
Recipe created from King Arthur Flour, Love and Olive Oil and Hugs and Cookies XOXO
Serving Size:1 brownie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 183mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 2g