Brown Butter Toffee Cookies #GuestPost
Nutty brown butter cookies filled with buttery toffee chunks
- Prep Time: 2 hours 30 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 2 hours 40 minutes
- Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks butter, gently cooked till light brown
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 8 Heath bars (1.4-ounce size), chopped into 1/4 inch chunks
- In a large bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar, and salt. Add vanilla. Mix in warm brown butter and mix till sugar starts to dissolve. Add eggs and mix till combined. Add flour and baking soda and stir until just combined. Mix in toffee chunks.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let chill in the refrigerator for two hours or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Drop dough by rounded tablespoons onto baking sheet about 2 inches apart. Bake till edges are golden in color and tops start to look set, about 10 minutes.
Adapted from Alice Medrich