Brown Butter Cookie Dough Truffles
A decadent, irresistible homemade truffle filled with egg-free cookie dough. Inspired by Cooking Classy.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen 1x
- Category: Dessert, Candy
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) butter, cut into chunks
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2–3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers
- Crushed Heath bars or sprinkles to garnish, optional
- Brown butter in a saucepan till color changes and a “nutty” smell develops. Scrape into a heatproof bowl and chill till solidifies.
- Remove butter from the fridge. Add brown sugar, cream, vanilla and salt and mix till well blended. Stir in flour, then mix in chocolate chips.
- Scoop our tablespoonfuls of dough and place on parchment lined baking sheet. Chill until firm. Then roll into balls between your palms.
- Melt Ghirardelli Melting Wafers in a microwave-safe bowl according to package directions.Dip in melted chocolate and sprinkle with crushed Heath bars or sprinkles if desired. Refrigerate before serving. Store covered in the refrigerator.