Blackberry Bran Muffins
Tender bran muffins studded with ripe fresh blackberries!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen 1x
- Category: Quick Bread, Breakfast, Brunch
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
3 2/3 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup bran
1 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled to room temp
3/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
2/3 cup molasses
1 cups shredded zucchini
3 cups sour cream
1 1/2 cups blackberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and bran together in a large bowl.
- Mix melted room temp butter with light brown sugar, molasses, zucchini, and sour cream.
- Mix wet into dry and gently fold in blackberries, trying to keep them from bursting, just until combined.
- Fill a muffin tin with batter and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffin comes out clean.
Recipe courtesy of Sarah Sanneh.