A one layer chocolate cake that’s perfect for picnics, potlucks and family gatherings!
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour one 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
2. Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Add eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla; beat on medium speed of mixer 2 minutes (Batter will be thin). Pour batter evenly into prepared pan.
3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes for rectangular pan or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Frost as desired.
4. Melt butter. Stir in cocoa. Alternately add powdered sugar and milk, beating to spreading consistency.
5. Add small amount additional milk, if needed. Stir in vanilla. Makes about 2 cups frosting.
Cake recipe adapted from Hershey’s.