Posted by Liz Berghttps://www.thatskinnychickcanbake.com/best-dutch-baby-pancake-recipe/
© 2017 That Skinny Chick Can Bake. All rights reserved.
Best Dutch Baby Pancake
A puffy pancake that makes a fabulous brunch entree!
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, I recommend Nielsen-Massey
- 3 tablespoons sugar, I recommend Dixie Crystals
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut into 3-4 pieces
- Powdered sugar, raspberries, sweetened whipped cream or maple syrup to serve
- Combine eggs, flour, milk, sugar and vanilla in your blender. Blend until smooth. Let rest in the refrigerator for one hour if you have time.
- Preheat oven to 425º. Place a 10 inch cast iron skillet into the oven.
- Place butter into the pan, watching carefully so it doesn't burn. When almost melted, swirl the butter around, then pour in the batter.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until puffed and golden. Reduce oven to 300º and bake 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkled with powdered sugar and cut into wedges. Sprinkle each piece with berries and a dollop of whipped cream or with maple syrup, if desired.
Total time doesn't include chilling time.
| Nutrition Facts|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 355kcal Calories from fat 189|
| % Daily Value|
|Total Fat 21g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 12g||60%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
|Dietary Fiber||25g| Did you make this recipe?