Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert
Glazed berries over a whipped cheesecake filling and buttery shortbread crust are arranged to resemble an American flag. Perfect patriotic dessert.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 24 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert, Cheesecake, Holiday
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter (2 sticks)
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice (juice of one lemon)
- 2 cups heavy cream cream
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, sliced in half with stems removed
- 4 ounces fresh blueberries
- 2–3 tablespoons red currant jelly
- To make the crust, mix the first three ingredients until crumbly like pie crust. Pat into a 9 x13 pan. Bake at 350º for 15-20 minutes until light brown.
- To make the filling, mix the cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice. Fold in well-whipped cream. Spread evenly on cooled crust.
- Arrange blueberries in rows to form a rectangle field of blue over one corner of the filling as pictured. Then arrange strawberries in rows to represent the stripes of the flag. Melt jelly and gently brush over berries to glaze (allow the jelly to cool slightly after melting). Chill at least 2 hours before serving.