Balsamic Raspberries with Mascarpone Cream
An easy elegant sweet nibble!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 24, varies depending on whether you use spoons or shot glasses 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Dessert
- Method: Mixing, Boiling
- Cuisine: American
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (splurge on the best you can afford)
- 4 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1–2 cups fresh raspberries
- Combine vinegar, 2 teaspoons sugar and lemon juice in saucepan. Cook over medium till sugar dissolves, then bring to boil and reduce to about 1/4 cup. Cool completely.
- Combine Mascarpone, cream, vanilla and 2 tablespoons sugar. Beat till soft peaks form. Refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Put a scoop of Mascarpone cream into a flat bottom spoon (like a Chinese soup spoon) or shot glass. Top with 1-3 raspberries and drizzle with balsamic syrup.
Total time: 45 minutes