Balsamic Raspberries with Mascarpone Cream are elegant, delectable, bite-sized desserts and make a wonderful addition to any party menu!! You will leave everyone wanting more!
Balsamic Raspberries with Mascarpone Cream
I made these individual desserts for a bloggers’ tapas challenge. My Balsamic Raspberries with Mascarpone Cream may not be customary, but I’m certain you’ll agree that they are delectable.
The definition of tapas varies…but the term originated in Spain. Tapas are traditionally savory but the term tapas has morphed to encompass any snacks, canapés or finger foods and placing this concoction of sweet ingredients in a spoon does loosely make for “finger food.” No matter what you call these sweet bites, they’d be a fantastic addition to any cocktail party or even a Super Bowl gathering.
Simple and Elegant Tapas Recipe
These spoons of Balsamic Raspberries with Mascarpone Cream were a snap to make. Just beat the mascarpone with some heavy cream, sugar and a splash of vanilla. Balsamic vinegar and sugar are reduced to a syrupy consistency and drizzled over each spoonful of raspberries and cream. Easy, right? Tasty? You bet! I hope you’ll find an excuse to make these balsamic raspberries with mascarpone cream.
Tip of the Day: Use your cookie dough disher to make nice mounds of mascarpone cream in each spoon. Most cooking tools have multiple uses.
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (splurge on the best you can afford)
- 4 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-2 cups fresh raspberries
- Combine vinegar, 2 teaspoons sugar and lemon juice in saucepan. Cook over medium till sugar dissolves, then bring to boil and reduce to about 1/4 cup. Cool completely.
- Combine Mascarpone, cream, vanilla and 2 tablespoons sugar. Beat till soft peaks form. Refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Put a scoop of Mascarpone cream into a flat bottom spoon (like a Chinese soup spoon) or shot glass. Top with 1-3 raspberries and drizzle with balsamic syrup.
Total time: 45 minutes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 83mg Carbohydrates: 4g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g