Balsamic Raspberries with Mascarpone Cream are elegant, delectable and make a wonderful addition to any party menu!! You will leave everyone wanting more!
Balsamic Raspberries with Mascarpone Cream
This week’s Sunday Supper theme is tapas, those irresistible nibbles served with a glass of wine or cocktails. My Balsamic Raspberries with Mascarpone Cream may not be customary, but I’m certain you’ll agree that they are delectable. The definition of tapas varies…but the term originated in Spain. Tapas are traditionally savory but the term has morphed to encompass any snacks, canapés or finger foods and placing this concoction of sweet ingredients in a spoon does loosely make for “finger food.” No matter what you call these sweet bites, they’d be a fantastic addition to any cocktail party or even a Super Bowl gathering.
These spoons of Balsamic Raspberries with Mascarpone Cream were a snap to make. Just beat mascarpone with some heavy cream, sugar and a splash of vanilla. Balsamic vinegar and sugar are reduced to a syrupy consistency and drizzled over each spoonful of raspberries and cream. Easy, right? Tasty? You bet! I hope you’ll find an excuse to make these balsamic raspberries with mascarpone cream.
Please scroll down to see all the marvelous tapas recipes shared by my Sunday Supper friends.
Tip of the Day: Use your cookie dough disher to make nice mounds of mascarpone cream in each spoon. Most cooking tools have multiple uses.
Sunday Supper Tapas Recipes:
It’s Tapas time! Check out these fantastic recipes by Sunday Supper contributors:
- Roasted Bone Marrow with Citrus Salad from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Stuffed Green Queen Olives with Garlic Infused Olive Oil from MarocMama
- Cheesy, Tortellini Tapas & Spicy Bacon Ranch Dip from Daily Dish Recipes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Mushroom Chevre Crostini from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Black-Eyed Pea Cowboy Caviar from Shockingly Delicious
- Goan Beef Croquettes from Masala Herb
- Giardiniera Salad from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Bacon Wrapped Calamari from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Patatas Bravas from Supper for a Steal
- Caramelized Onion & Gruyere Bites from The Foodie Army Wife
- Agave Truffles from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Pear, Brie, and Honey Crostini from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Tomato Bread from girlichef
- Clams in Green Sauce (Almejas en Salsa Verde) from The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Roasted Tomato-Basil Flatbread from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Herb and Citrus Marinated Olives from Magnolia Days
- Smoky Paprika Peppers from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Balsamic Raspberries with Mascarpone Cream from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gambas al Ajillo from Manu’s Menu
- Squid with Garlic Chili Olive Oil from Food Lust People Love
- Tortilla Española from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Croquetas de Pollo from Cookin’ Mimi
- Low-Carb Salmon Croquettes from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Bruschetta Topping from What Smells So Good?
- Polenta Crostini Bites with Caramelized Mushrooms: Cicchetti – A Venetian Tapas Tradition from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Herb Roasted Almonds from Curious Cuisiniere
- Artichoke Heart and Manchego Spread from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Tortillita de Camarones from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Patatas A La Riojana (Rioja-Style Potato & Chorizo Stew) from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pocky Cake Pops from NinjaBaking.com
- Chorizo Filled Dates Wrapped in Bacon from I Run For Wine
- Manchego-Stuffed Spanish Meatballs from The Weekend Gourmet
- Roast Onions with Blue Cheese and Pine Nuts from Healthy. Delicious.
- Shrimp and Chorizo Tapas from The Texan New Yorker
- Blueberry and Lemon Yogurt Quesada from In The Kitchen With KP
- Chorizo with Spicy Sweet Potato Tapas from Soni’s Food
- Chorizo Manchego Toast Tapas from Family Foodie
- Best Wines To Pair With Tapas from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Balsamic Raspberries with Mascarpone Cream
An easy elegant sweet nibble!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 24, varies depending on whether you use spoons or shot glasses
- Category: Appetizer, Dessert
- Method: Mixing, Boiling
- Cuisine: American
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar (splurge on the best you can afford)
- 4 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-2 cups fresh raspberries
- Combine vinegar, 2 teaspoons sugar and lemon juice in saucepan. Cook over medium till sugar dissolves, then bring to boil and reduce to about 1/4 cup. Cool completely.
- Combine Mascarpone, cream, vanilla and 2 tablespoons sugar. Beat till soft peaks form. Refrigerate up to 4 hours.
- Put a scoop of Mascarpone cream into a flat bottom spoon (like a Chinese soup spoon) or shot glass. Top with 1-3 raspberries and drizzle with balsamic syrup.
Total time: 45 minutes
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.