Bacon Wrapped Maple Scallops
Succulent scallops marinated then wrapped in bacon and roasted for a fabulous appetizer!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Seafood, Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 12 large sea scallops
- 12 slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Whisk together maple syrup, soy sauce, and mustard. Add scallops and marinate one hour.
- Partially cook the bacon, it should still be pliable. Let cool slightly.
- Preheat oven to 375º. Line baking sheet with foil for easier clean up if desired.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each scallop using a toothpick to secure. Place on baking sheet. Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Bake till scallops are opaque and bacon is crisp, 10-15 minutes, turning at the half way point.
- Serve warm.
Total time does not include marinating time.
Note: You can double the number of appetizers by cutting both the scallops and the bacon in half.