Bacon Wrapped Hot Dogs with Fruit Salsa
A simple way to turn the ordinary hot dog into a gourmet summer entree!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Entree
- Method: Sauteing
- Cuisine: American
- 4 Hot Dogs (I purchased from our nearby butcher shop)
- 4–6 slices thick bacon
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1 medium peach, peeled and diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeds removed, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced red onion
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each hot dog (you can add another ½ slice if you want more coverage, but I had to use toothpicks to help the extra slice adhere).
- Place in a skillet and cook, turning as needed until bacon is cooked and hot dog is heated through.
- While hot dogs are cooking, make salsa. Add all ingredients to a bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve hot dogs in buns with your favorite condiments and top with salsa.