April is National Grilled Cheese Month and this gooey, Bacon Apple and Brie Panini is one spectacular way to celebrate.
When you need an easy, delicious meal, this upscale grilled cheese sandwich will do the trick. Perfect for lunch, dinner or a snack!
Bacon Apple and Brie Panini
Discovering “panini” bread in the bakery section of one of my favorite markets, set this recipe in motion. Once I had my bread selected, I quickly chose the meltiest cheese I could think of, a gooey Brie. Salty strips of bacon and thinly sliced crisp apple slices completed my quest for a complex combination of textures and flavors. A smear of mustard added the perfect tang. Yes, this Bacon Apple and Brie Panini was one fabulous, gourmet grilled cheese to celebrate grilled cheese month.
Sunday Supper Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
The Sunday Supper Tastemakers are not sharing any ordinary grilled cheese sandwich recipes. Instead we have fancy numbers with specialty cheeses, and other twists on the American cheese versions of our youth. Bill, AKA the picky hubby, pulled out his apple slices, but loved the trifecta of Brie, Bacon and the mustard mayo spread. I was A-OK with that! What’s your favorite gourmet grilled cheese combo?? This Bacon Apple and Brie Panini may be mine!
Grilled Cheese Recipe I Love:
- Mediterranean Grilled Cheese
- Ciabatta Cubano Sandwich
- Smoked Salmon Reuben Sandwich
- Best Tuna Salad Recipe
- Chicken, Brie and Bacon Sandwich
- Brie, Lettuce, Tomato Sandwich
- Mozzarella Grilled Cheese
- More Entree Recipes
Bacon Apple & Brie Panini
A gourmet grilled cheese sandwich with bacon, brie and apple slices!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 sandwich 1x
- Category: Entree, Sandwich
- Method: Sauteing
- Cuisine: American
For each sandwich:
- 2 slices panini bread (7-inch diameter) or favorite bread
- Butter, at room temperature
- Durkee’s Famous Mustard Sauce or any Dijonnaise or mustard mayonnaise spread
- 2 slices of thick bacon, cooked and cut in half
- Sliced Brie, rinds removed (I used about 3 ounces of an 8 ounce wedge for one sandwich)
- 1/4 of a crisp, flavorful apple, thinly sliced (I used a Honeycrisp)
- Melt about 1 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick saute pan over medium heat. Spread some of the mustard sauce over the surface of one slice of bread and place that slice, mustard side up, into the pan. Layer the bacon, apple and cheese over the mustard. Spread butter over the second slice of bread and place over the fillings, butter side up.
- Cook until the Brie starts to melt and the bread is browned, adjusting the burner temperature as needed. Flip the sandwich and cook until the cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Slice in half or into quarters and serve warm.