April is National Grilled Cheese Month and this gooey, Bacon Apple and Brie Panini is one spectacular way to celebrate.
Bacon Apple and Brie Panini
Discovering “panini” bread in the bakery section of one of my favorite markets, set this recipe in motion. Once I had my bread selected, I quickly chose the meltiest cheese I could think of, a gooey Brie. Salty strips of bacon and thinly sliced crisp apple slices completed my quest for a complex combination of textures and flavors. A smear of mustard added the perfect tang. Yes, this Bacon Apple and Brie Panini was one fabulous, gourmet grilled cheese to celebrate grilled cheese month.
Sunday Supper Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich Recipes
The Sunday Supper Tastemakers are not sharing any ordinary grilled cheese sandwich recipes. Instead we have fancy numbers with specialty cheeses, and other twists on the American cheese versions of our youth. Bill, AKA the picky hubby, pulled out his apple slices, but loved the trifecta of Brie, Bacon and the mustard mayo spread. I was A-OK with that! What’s your favorite gourmet grilled cheese combo?? This Bacon Apple and Brie Panini may be mine!
Grilled Cheese Recipe I Love:
Not Your Average ‘Wiches
- Inside Out BBQ Ribs Grilled Cheese by The Freshman Cook
- Mozzarella Stick Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Life Tastes Good
- Potato Patty Grilled Cheese Bites by Sunday Supper Movement
- Ramen Grilled Cheese by Palatable Pastime
Protein Filled ‘Wiches
- Avocado Bacon Gourmet Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Crazed Mom
- Bacon Cheddar Grilled Chip Butty by Tramplingrose
- Grilled Dill Havarti and Salmon by My World Simplified
- Grilled Liz Lemon Sandwich by Cricket’s Confections
- How to Make Reuben Paninis by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Shrimp and Bacon Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Sprinkles and Sprouts
Sweet and Savory ‘Wiches
- Applewood Gouda and Pear Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Bacon Apple and Brie Panini by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Monte Cristo with Fresh Blackberry Sauce by A Mind “Full” Mom
Veggie Loaded ‘Wiches
- Apricot Poblano Grilled Cheese Sandwich by My Life Cookbook
- Arugula Basil Pesto Grilled Cheese by Helpful Homemade
- Caprese Grilled Eggplant Roll Ups by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Brie With Smoky Portobellos and Caramelized Onions by Simple and Savory
- Banana FluffaNutella Grilled Cheese by Soulfully Made
- Strawberry French Toast Grilled Cheese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- The Ultimate Doughnut Grilled Cheese by Pies and Plots
Bacon Apple & Brie Panini #SundaySupper
A gourmet grilled cheese sandwich with bacon, brie and apple slices!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 sandwich
For each sandwich::
- 2 slices panini bread (7-inch diameter) or favorite bread
- Butter, at room temperature
- Durkee’s Famous Mustard Sauce or any Dijonnaise or mustard mayonnaise spread
- 2 slices of thick bacon, cooked and cut in half
- Sliced Brie, rinds removed (I used about 3 ounces of an 8 ounce wedge for one sandwich)
- 1/4 of a crisp, flavorful apple, thinly sliced (I used a Honeycrisp)
- Melt about 1 tablespoon of butter in a non-stick saute pan over medium heat. Spread some of the mustard sauce over the surface of one slice of bread and place that slice, mustard side up, into the pan. Layer the bacon, apple and cheese over the mustard. Spread butter over the second slice of bread and place over the fillings, butter side up.
- Cook until the Brie starts to melt and the bread is browned, adjusting the burner temperature as needed. Flip the sandwich and cook until the cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Slice in half or into quarters and serve warm.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.