Bacon and Blue Cheese Stuffed Potatoes
New potatoes filled with bacon and blue cheese dressing make an irresistible appetizer. Recipe slightly adapted from my friend, Shelli.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: varies
- Category: appetizer
- Small Idaho® Potatoes, new or halved fingerlings, cooked in salted water till just tender and cooled (about 15 minutes)
- Bacon, one slice for 6-8 potatoes, cooked till crisp and crumbled
For Blue Cheese Dressing:
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise (Duke’s or Hellman’s recommended)
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Make salad dressing by whisking together all ingredients except blue cheese. Mix in blue cheese and check for seasoning. Add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Prep potatoes by cutting a very small slice off of bottoms of each so they stand upright. Then slice off the tops.Using a paring knife or grapefruit spoon, hollow out a cavity in each potato without cutting through the sides.
- Fill the cavity with bacon crumbles, then top with a small dollop of blue cheese dressing. Garnish with a small piece of bacon and parsley if desired.
Cook as many potatoes as you’d like to serve, then determine how much bacon you’ll need depending on the amount of potatoes.
This recipe for blue cheese dressing will make much more than you need. Serve the leftovers with a wedge salad or use as a crudite dip.