Mother’s Day morning deserves a special treat. This Apricot Prosciutto Strata offers an irresistible combination of salty Italian ham, apricot preserves and rich custard soaked bread! This post is sponsored by Bonne Maman. All opinions are my own.
Apricot Prosciutto Strata
When we have overnight guests, whether it’s family visiting for a holiday or friends driving through our neck of the woods, I love to have a make ahead breakfast. Since moms shouldn’t be cooking on Mother’s Day, I’ll often throw together a strata or breakfast casserole the night before so the hubby can bring me breakfast in bed. Ha. Maybe in my dreams! This apricot prosciutto strata would make this mama very happy.
Bonne Maman Preserves
This strata has a secret ingredient: Bonne Maman Apricot Preserves. They play beautifully off the salty, savory prosciutto. Are you ever overwhelmed by the selection of jams, jellies and preserves in the market? Well, let me tell you why I love Bonne Maman!
Their preserves are made from the same time-honored traditional French recipes used to create the brand years ago. Plus their preserves and jellies are made with natural ingredients and feature the finest quality fruit. They are Non-GMO Project Verified, have no high fructose corn syrup, no artificial coloring or no preservatives added.
Follow Bon Maman:
Did you know that Bonne Maman literally translates to “Grandmother, ” which is apt as all their products are made with ingredients which could be found in your grandma’s kitchen. They taste just like homemade. Keep up to date with Bonne Maman via their Website, Instagram, and Facebook pages. Plus, you’ll want to enter the Bonne Maman Sweepstakes with over 1,000 prizes available (including a 12 piece Le Creuset Cookware set)!!! Check out these EASY and tasty toast ideas, too:
More Breakfast Casseroles You’ll Love:
- Triple Berry French Toast from Mom on Timout
- Easy Bacon and Egg Strata from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Green Chile Egg Casserole from Crazy for Crust
- Gruyere Spinach Strata from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Tator Tot Breakfast Casserole from Real Housemoms
Apricot Prosciutto Strata Recipe
A make ahead breakfast casserole made with brioche, proscuitto, apricot preserves, dried apricots, proscuitto and custard
- Yield: 6-8 servings
- Category: Breakfast, Brunch
- Cuisine: American
- Butter for greasing baking dish
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Sliced brioche (I used approximately 8-10 ounces, cut into 1/2-inch slices)
- 1/4 cup quartered dried apricots
- 1-1 1/2 ounces very thinly sliced prosciutto, cut into narrow strips
- 3 ounces Fontina cheese, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 2 generous tablespoons Bonne Maman Apricot Preserves
- Butter a 9-inch baking dish (I used a ceramic quiche dish) or baking dish of equivalent size
- Whisk together eggs, half and half, and salt. Set aside.
- Cut bread slices into quarters and fill the bottom of your dish with a single layer of slices. If needed, cut a few pieces to fill any openings.
- Sprinkle apricots, prosciutto, cheese, and sage over the bread. Dollop the preserves over the filling, distributing evenly.
- Top with more bread pieces, then gently press down on surface to make the top level.
- Re-whisk the custard and slowly pour over the strata, giving the custard some time to soak into the bread. Cover with plastic wrap and again, gently press down on the surface so that the top is level.
- Place in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- Before baking, preheat the oven to 350º. Bring the strata out of the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
- Remove plastic wrap and cover with foil (I prefer using a non-stick foil). Bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil. Bake for up to another 30 minutes or until the custard in the middle of the strata is set.
- Let cool about 10 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.
Total time does not include chilling time.