Apple Pear Crisp
A cinnamon spiced crisp featuring apples and pears.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Mixing, Baking
- Cuisine: American
- 7 cups baking apples peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 cups Bartlett pears, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix apples and pears in a large bowl. Add sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg and gently toss. Place in a 9×13 inch pan.
- Combine the oats, 1 cup flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and melted butter together. Crumble evenly over the fruit.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or till fruit is tender when pierced with a knife. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream if desired.