Apple, Cherry and Walnut Salad
An irresistible salad with an autumn flair!
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Side dish, Salad
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: American
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (I used olive oil, but it can solidify if you refrigerate)
- 5 ounces mixed baby greens
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced into matchstick-sized pieces (I used Granny Smith)
- 1/2 cup dried tart cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Whisk together mayonnaise, maple syrup, vinegar, sugar and oil. Set aside.
- If making ahead of time, toss the apples in a small amount of dressing to prevent browning and place in bottom of serving bowl. Top with greens, walnuts and dried cherries. Otherwise, place greens in a bowl, and arrange apples, cherries and walnuts on top.
- Re-whisk dressing and toss with salad before serving. You do not need to use all the dressing.
Adapted from Bon Appetit