Whether for a game day munchie or a party appetizer, these Spicy Salmon Nachos are an easy, addicting treat! I am an official ambassador for Chicken of the Sea. Chicken of the Sea provided me with Flavored Salmon Pouches for the purposes of this post, as well as compensation for my time. As always, all opinions expressed in this post are mine.
In college, we’d come home from a night out and head to the sorority dining room with a bag of tortilla chips and a hunk of cheese from the all-night mini-market. Piled on a paper plate and microwaved, we had instant nachos. They always hit the spot. Sometimes I’d eat a platter of nachos for dinner at the hole in the wall Mexican restaurant we frequented. Those had pickled jalapenos—a definitely step up. And on occasion, we’d head to a “finer” establishment where shredded chicken, refried beans and the works were offered on their version. I loved them all. So when Chicken of the Sea asked me to develop a recipe for them using their new Flavored Salmon Pouches, I had a hankering for nachos and created a salmon version.
My family does not eat when our team is actually on the field. A combination of superstition and nerves, I suppose. But these speedy nachos were whipped up during half time and served while the green and gold were off the field. Feel free to use pickled jalapenos instead of fresh for less of a bite. I pulled the jalapenos off the hubby’s portion with his delicate palate and all, and he went back for more. This is the guy who was seafood phobic for most of our marriage. If these are Bill approved, you know they are good!
If you haven’t spotted these Flavored Salmon Pouches in your local market, head on over to the nearest Kroger. This product is located in the aisle with all the other terrific Chicken of the Sea products. Plus I have a buy one get one free coupon that you can use on your first purchase. The pouches of wild salmon are super convenient as no draining is required, plus they’re packed without oil, so you’ll get the inherent, heart-healthy Omega 3 fatty acids without any added calories. Add a pouch or two to your grocery list so you can make these spectacular, spicy salmon nachos!
- Tortilla chips
- 1 Chicken of the Sea Lemon Pepper Flavored Salmon Pouch
- ¼ cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced or pickled jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- For each batch, layer the bottom of a cast iron skillet or another oven-proof pan with a double layer of tortilla chips. I used an 11-inch skillet.
- Distribute pieces of the salmon over the chips, followed by the black beans, and peppers. Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Bake for 8- 10 minutes or till cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Serve hot.