My friend had her Coffee Glaze Brisket published in one of Martha Stewart’s magazines. It’s become our favorite way to eat brisket!!!
Coffee Glaze Brisket
Brisket was not a cut of meat I grew up eating. When my friend, Joanne, had her Coffee Glazed Brisket recipe published in Martha Stewart’s Everyday Foods magazine, I knew I had to make it. SO simple and delicious, I’ve never been tempted to try another brisket recipe. I’ve always made this in a Dutch oven, but decided to adapt it for a slow cooker or crock pot for those busy days. I can pop it in the slow cooker in the morning and have a stress free meal, and an amazing aroma wafting through the house, by dinner time. Served with mashed potatoes, this makes for a hubby approved entree. I think “incredible” was uttered at least once on the night I served this entree.
Slow Cooker Recipes You’ll Want to Add to Your Menu
Ease into 2014 with these terrific slow-cooker and crock pot ideas from the Sunday Supper Group! There are loads of comfort foods guaranteed to please your family. A huge thank you to Cindy, of Cindy’s Recipes and Writings, for hosting us this week.
Whet Your Appetite
Simmering Soups, Stews, and Side Dishes
- Chicken and Wild Rice Soup from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Low-Carb Chunky Beefy Vegetable Soup from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Beef, Wine and Mushroom Soup from Noshing With The Nolands
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Soup from Foxes Love Lemons
- Beef Stew from The Foodie Army Wife
- Slow Cooker Black Bean and Polenta Stew from Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Turkey Stew from Magnolia Days
- San Antonio Chunky Chicken Stew from The Weekend Gourmet
- Pumpkin, Chickpea & Lentil Stew from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Slow Cooker Chickpeas from Shockingly Delicious
- Football Sunday Teriyaki Pulled Pork from Family Foodie
- Slow Cooker Apricot Jalapeno Pork Chops from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Vegan Slow Cooker Hoppin’ John from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Slow Cooker Coffee Glazed Brisket from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chipotle Honey BBQ Ribs from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Crockpot Country Style Pork Ribs from Cooking On The Ranch
- Slow Cooker Jerk Pork from Curious Cuisiniere
- Slow Cooker Beef Daube Provencal from Momma’s Meals
- Crock Pot Chicken Cacciatore from The Dinner-Mom
- Chicken and Broccoli from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Tacos de Lengua from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken & Black Beans for Tacos from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Chinese Chicken from The Ninja Baker
- Slow Cooker Beef Brisket French Dip Sandwiches from Neighborfood
- 3 pounds beef brisket (thin first cut if possible)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ½ cup freshly brewed coffee
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup chili sauce
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Heat oil in Dutch oven. Season brisket with salt and pepper. Add the brisket, fat side down and cook until well browned, about 4-5 minutes per side.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, place brisket in slow cooker, and pour sauce over brisket. Cook on low for 8 hours, flipping at the halfway mark, or till meat shreds easily with a fork. Remove from slow cooker and slice against the grain. Place back in slow cooker to allow slices to absorb some of the pan juices. Serve with sauce.
- Alternatively, cover and bake in 325º oven for 2½-3 hours, flipping halfway through cooking time.
Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.