I love the ease of a make ahead breakfast dish, especially for weekend company or holidays. This Raspberry Mascarpone French Toast Casserole is filled with luscious red raspberries and mascarpone for delightful addition to your menu.
Raspberry Mascarpone French Toast Casserole
Beginning in the early days of our marriage, Bill would tease that a more loving wife would prepare a nice hot breakfast before work (ahem, his alarm goes off at 5 AM). I’d laugh and roll my eyes, but sometimes I do pamper him. This overnight berry stuffed French toast casserole was one such treat. Layered with challah cubes, dollops of sweetened mascarpone and fresh berries, then doused with a rich custard, this French toast was one delightful way to start the morning!
Best Make Ahead Breakfast Recipes
Today, the Sunday Supper team is sharing favorite breakfast recipes that won’t have you slaving away in the morning. Perfect for Easter, but also Mother’s Day or any time you have overnight guests.
Make Ahead Sunday Supper Brunch Recipes
- Apple and Bacon Cornmeal Scones by Caroline’s Cooking
- Lemon Crumb Cake by Life Tastes Good
- Nana’s New York Crumb Cake by The Crumby Cupcake
- Overnight Nutty Coffee Cake by Family Around The Table
- Asparagus Quiche in Hash Brown Crust by Wimpy Vegetarian
- Baked Deviled Eggs with Toast Points by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Ham and Cheese Empanadas by Asian In America
- Make Ahead Baked Monte Cristo Cassarole by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Overnight Breakfast Casserole by Soulfully Made
- Sorrel, Chive & Duck Egg Frittata by Wholistic Woman
- Sous Vide Egg Bites by Cricket’s Confections
Sides and Veggies
- Asparagus Tart with Goat Cheese and Spring Greens by Monica’s Table
- Baked Chili Maple Bacon by Food Lust People Love
- Blackberry Orange Oatmeal Bowls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Brussels Sprouts Salad with Lemon Shallot Vinaigrette by Helpful Homemade
- Vegetable Lasagna by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Carrot Cake Pancakes by Brunch-n-Bites
- Citrus Crepes with White Chocolate Drizzle by Gourmet Everyday
- Flourless Chocolate Torte by Pies and Plots
- No Bake Peanut Butter Pie by The Freshman Cook
- Raspberry Mascarpone French Toast Casserole by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Strawberry Almond Crumble by Sunday Supper Movement
- One loaf challah, about 15 ounces, cut into 1½ inch cubes
- 6 eggs
- 1½ cups heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 6 ounces fresh raspberries (I always toss in a few more)
- 8 ounces mascarpone
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
- Spray 7 x 11 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Place half the bread cubes in the bottom of the pan.
- Whisk together the eggs, cream, milk and sugar. Set aside.
- Make mascarpone cream by whipping together the mascarpone, sugar and lemon juice.
- Dollop spoonfuls of mascarpone cream over the bread. Sprinkle raspberries over the cheese. Cover with remaining bread cubes.
- Pour custard liquid over the bread, then use a spatula to press bread down into the mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight to allow the bread to absorb the custard.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before need to bake it. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove plastic wrap from casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 30 minutes or longer or until the custard is set.
- Let cool about 10 minute before serving. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with more berries and maple syrup, if desired.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.