I was on holiday with some girlfriends up in Harbor Springs, Michigan. We spent an afternoon strolling and shopping the quaint downtown and popped into the American Spoon shop. One foodie friend insisted I buy the Dansom Plum Preserves…and pointed me to a recipe for an oven roasted pork roast in our local Junior League cookbook which called for said jam. I switched the original recipe up a bit by using pork tenderloins and grilling versus roasting, but the plum sauce remained the same. It’s brushed on the meat at the end of the grilling time, plus it’s passed with the sliced meat to serve. The hubby loved this Pork Tenderloin with Plum Sauce…but didn’t take me up on the sauce on the side. Ketchup is more his style!
We grill all year round…and this is an extremely simple recipe plus the sauce makes it company worthy without a lot of effort. Be sure not to overcook the tenderloins…or they will be dry. A little pink in the center is just fine…it is now safe to eat pork cooked to 145º. The USDA updated the previous recommendation of 160º a few years ago. Also, let your meat rest a few minutes before slicing for the best results.
- 3 pork tenderloins
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup plum jam or preserves (I use American Spoon Foods Plum Preserves)
- 1½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- Pinch of allspice (optional)
- Combine garlic, sage, pepper, salt and olive oil. Rub mixture over pork. Park in refrigerator for a couple hours or longer to let flavors penetrate meat.
- Grill to desired temperature…make sauce while meat is cooking.
- Combine all sauce ingredients and bring to boil. Reduce heat and cook for 2 minutes. Brush on pork during last few minutes of grilling . Serve remainder of sauce at the table. You may double sauce amounts if desired.
And finally, please check out this week’s Sunday Supper contributors:
- Port Wine and Fig Sauce from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Jalepeno Cranberry Sauce from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Homemade Steak Sauce from Juanita’s Cocina
- Tomato Kasundi from What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Tartar Sauce from The Foodie Army Wife
- Creamy Dairyfree Mushroom Sauce from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Homemade Teriyaki Sauce from Curious Cuisiniere
- Red Wine Sauce | Molho de Vinho Tinto from Family Foodie
- Guava BBQ Sauce from Basic N Delicious
Pasta Sauces and Pastas with Sauce
- Chardonnay Seafood Sauce (with Linguine) from Country Girl in the Village
- Italian-Style Tomato Sauce from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Homemade Guiltless Alfredo Sauce from Momma’s Meals
- Sicilian Marinara Sauce from Growing Up Gabel
- Basil Pesto from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Angel Hair Pasta with Neapolitan Sauce from Cookin’ Mimi
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta Sauce from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Lentil Marinara Pasta Sauce from Alida’s Kitchen
- Lamb Ragout from Maroc Mama
- Black Walnut Kale Pesto with Zucchini Spaghetti from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Amatriciana Sauce from The Weekend Gourmet
Entreés with Sauces
- Chicken Tikka Masala from I Run For Wine
- Pork Tenderloin with Plum Sauce from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Garlic Mushrooms In Red Wine Sauce from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Jack Daniel’s Honey Barbecue Baked Wings from Chocolate Moosey
- Salmon with Homemade Caper Onion Mayonnaise from Food Lust People Love
- Chicken with Mushroom Demi-Glace from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Mrs. A’s Skillet Lemon Chicken from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Philly Strip Steaks with Provolone Sauce and Caramelized Onions from The Texan New Yorker
- Sweet & Sour Garlic Chicken Wings from Big Bear’s Wife
- Banana Pudding Sauce from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Raspberry Red Wine Sauce from Treats & Trinkets
- Pumpkin Applesauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Sauce from Daily Dish Recipes
- Slow Cooker Applesauce from Citronlimette
- Apple Cider Caramel Sauce from The Messy Baker
- Port Wine Cranberry Sauce from Webicurean
- Pumpkin Caramel Sauce from Noshing With The Nolands
Desserts with Sauces
- Sticky Toffee Pudding w/ Toffee Sauce from girlichef
- Salted Bourbon Caramel Sauce (over Chocolate Rosemary Cake) from Gotta Get Baked
- Pear Tatin with Rum Caramel Sauce from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Bananas Foster from MidLife Road Trip
- Baked Espresso Berry Pudding from The Urban Mrs
- Caramel Apple Sheet Cake from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter tonight. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm EST. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here → Sunday Supper Movement.