I have shared these One Bowl Fudgy Brownies once before, but they are spectacular enough to warrant a second post. First, they are rich and fudgy; second, they are made in just one bowl; and finally, they are outrageously delicious.
I have made them numerous times for my family, for guests and as part of meals I’ve delivered to friends. My oldest, Tom, was off for a weekend bachelor party…and I had a feeling a bunch of twenty-some year old guys would have the beverages planned, but not the food. I offered to send a tray of goodies which included lemon bars, chocolate caramel streusel bars and these brownies…of course, he was delighted with this idea. And I was told quite a few of these goodies disappeared on the drive down to their destination.
I have used Martha Stewart’s suggestion to dip the bottom of these brownies in granulated sugar numerous times. It prevents the brownies from sticking together when stacked plus gives a nice sugary crunch to every tasty bite. These are perfect to take to any gathering…and are one of the simplest desserts you’ll ever make. Add these one bowl fudgy brownies to your baking repertoire…they’re guaranteed to get rave reviews.
Serves: 16 brownies
- 1 stick butter, plus more for pan
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- 1½ c sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 t vanilla
- ¾ c flour
- ¼ t salt
- Preheat oven to 350º. Butter an 8" square baking pan. Line the pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1" overhang on two sides. Set aside.
- Place butter and chocolate in microwave safe bowl and microwave gently until butter and chocolate are melted (30 seconds x 3, stirring in between sessions). Let cool to room temperature.
- Stir sugar into chocolate till combined. Whisk in eggs one at a time, then vanilla. Fold in flour and salt. Bake until cake tester comes out of center with just a few moist crumbs, 40-45 min. Cool completely on rack. Run knife around perimeter of pan and lift brownies out of pan using parchment. Cut into 2 inch squares. May dip bottoms in granulated sugar to stack.