These Mustard, Garlic, Lime Marinated Chicken Breasts will rock your world. Tender and flavorful, you’ll want to grill this spectacular chicken all summer long!
A Finicky Consumer
I admit I’m a bit of a food snob. I pore over the bell peppers at the market, looking for the most vibrant, unblemished option. I search out fragrant berries and open the packages one by one to find the most perfect, unmarred fruit. I’m sure the produce folks roll their eyes when they see me coming. When I added marinated chicken breasts to our dinner menu, I am just as picky about my meat. So after I was offered the opportunity to cook up some Tyson® Fresh Chicken, I had to do a little research before saying yes. What I did find out was impressive:
- Tyson Fresh Chicken has a heritage of producing chicken that has been raised by family farmers for over 75 years.
- Tyson Fresh Chicken is all natural* with no added hormones or steroids**.
- It arrives at local markets fresh, delivered within days of leaving the farm.
- Each piece is hand-trimmed for convenience to save time and effort. This is perfect for the busy family!
Flavorful Marinated Chicken Breasts
Knowing these facts, I had no trepidation about purchasing Tyson Fresh Chicken for our dinner. The breasts were plump and nicely trimmed; they were ready to go with no effort at all. Since they were fresh, not frozen, I was able take them right from the packaging and add them to my scrumptious marinade. I popped the chicken into the fridge to soak up the delicious flavors while I went on with my day. The mixture of cider vinegar, lime juice, Dijon and grainy mustard, garlic, brown sugar, olive oil plus salt and pepper had 6 hours to infuse into the chicken before I lit our charcoal grill. Beware that the brown sugar and oil burn easily, so use indirect heat if available. Such an easy, delicious option for our evening meal!
Tyson Fresh Chicken
I wondered how Tyson Fresh Chicken’s taste and texture would rate compared to other boneless, skinless breasts I have purchased. The chicken did not disappoint; it was moist and tender. The hubby even asked about the marinade, so I knew both the chicken and recipe were winners! I hope you’ll give this marvelous entree a try. And be sure to pick up some Tyson Fresh Chicken when you need a quality, ready to use ingredient for your family.
- ¼ cup cider vinegar
- 1½ tablespoons whole grain mustard
- 1½ tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Juice of one lime
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6-8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (I used Tyson Fresh Chicken boneless skinless breasts)
- In a gallon zip lock bag, thoroughly mix all marinade ingredients. Place chicken in the mixture. Cover, and marinate the chicken in the refrigerator 6 hours or overnight.
- Grill chicken till no longer pink inside. If using charcoal, use indirect heat as the oil and sugar will burn quickly. You may boil leftover marinade to serve alongside chicken.
What is your favorite chicken marinade? Leave me your answer in the comments and you will be entered to win a gift basket of kitchen goodies! Sweepstakes Rules: No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this pos
- Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
- Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 8/27 – 10/26. Be sure to visit the Tyson Fresh Chicken brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts! I was compensated by Tyson Foods to produce this content/post/review. *Minimally processed. No artificial ingredients. **Federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones or steroids in chicken.