Key Lime Pie
Once again, we’re a family divided. One of us does not like lime desserts. Lemon treats thrill his taste buds, but lime is another story. Yes, it IS annoying when I want to indulge in just a sliver of Key Lime Pie but the hubby has no interest in even a sliver. Thank goodness for girlfriends as I could easily lose my skinny chick status if this whole pie was tempting me hour after hour and day after day.
Welcome to Progressive Eats, our virtual version of a Progressive Dinner Party. This month we’re sharing Irish or Green recipes in anticipation of St. Patrick’s Day You’ll certainly find a delicious recipe to add to your repertoire! I’m delighted to be hosting the event this month. We have a full menu of dishes including appetizers, sides, an entree and desserts. You’ll certainly find a delicious recipe to add to your holiday table!
Our St. Patrick’s Day Menu:
- Smoked Salmon Stuffed Baby Potatoes from The Redhead Baker
- Spinach Feta Rugelach from Mother Would Know
- Hot Cocoa with Baileys and Coconut Whipped Cream (Dairy-Free) from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Spicy Lamb Cobbler from Spice Roots
- Irish Soda Biscuits with Caraway and Thyme from OMG! Yummy
- Bacon and Leek Irish Colcannon (Gluten-Free) from The Heritage Cook
- Cabbage with Bacon and Cream from All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Key Lime Pie with Graham Cracker Crust from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Irish Whiskey Cake from Creative Culinary
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 egg yolks
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh Key lime juice (may substitute standard lime juice)
- 2 teaspoons very fine lime zest
- ¾ cup chilled heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, sifted
- Lime slices, optional
- Lime zest, optional
- Make crust:
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Stir together graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and butter in a bowl with a fork until combined well, then press mixture evenly onto bottom and up side of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake for 10 minutes and cool in pie plate on a rack. Leave oven on.
- Make filling and bake pie:
- Whisk together condensed milk and yolks in a bowl until combined well. Add juice and zest and whisk until combined well .
- Pour filling into crust and bake in middle of oven 15 minutes. Cool pie completely on rack (filling will set as it cools), then chill, covered, at least 8 hours.
- Make topping:
- Just before serving, beat cream with powdered sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer until it just holds stiff peaks. Serve pie topped with cream. Garnish with lime slices or zest if desired.
More Recipes You’ll Love:
- Key Lime Pie Magic Cake Recipe from Foodness Gracious
- Margarita Cheesecake
- Lime Curd from Crazy for Crust
- Raspberry Topped Lemon Souffles
- Lemon Rolls from Love from the Oven