Juicy, peak of the season fruit is tossed with honey, fresh lime juice, zest and poppy seeds for this magnificent Honey Lime Fruit Salad!
Summer Fruit Salad
It’s hot, it’s humid, it’s sultry. Who feels like eating after chasing the puppy (though she is darned cute) through the yard as she chomps on every hosta leaf she can get her teeth into? Not me. So having a light, sweet melange of dressed fruit in the fridge is the perfect remedy when those hunger pangs return. I selected some fresh berries, grapes, melon, peaches, cherries and more, then tossed them in a sweet citrus salad dressing speckled with poppy seeds.
I would definitely gravitate to this rainbow-colored salad at any gathering. Perfect for picnics and barbecues in the summer, but just as splendid when the weather turns with fall and winter fruits. The acidity of the lime juice prevents the fruits like peaches and bananas from browning. I’d recommend at least three different colored fruit as a minimum; any of your favorites will do. And this recipe easily scales down for a family meal.
Looking for more spectacular salads? Check out my Gorgeous Salads and Sides Pinterest Board.
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 10-12 cups mixed fresh fruit, cut to bite sized pieces
- Whisk together lime juice, honey, zest, vanilla and poppy seeds.
- Place fresh fruit in a large serving bowl. Pour dressing over fruit and toss gently.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.