Fruit Kebabs with White Chocolate Mascarpone Dip make the perfect grand finale for a Kebab-fest! I’ve teamed up with my Progressive Eats friends to bring your a delectable, kebab themed meal!
Fresh fruit is my idea of a perfect dessert, but adding a decadent dip makes it more elegant and party worthy! And since of Progressive Eats theme is kebabs, pairing a rainbow of skewered fruit with a white chocolate dip was the perfect way to end our virtual meal. Feel free to thread your favorite fruits, even interspersing squares of pound cake or marshmallows, but definitely make this splendid dip. Made with melted white chocolate, cream, mascarpone and a splash of vanilla, it’s a piece of cake to throw together and even easier to make disappear!
Kebabs are perfect party fare. Whether for Memorial Day, a grad party or summer picnic, food on stick is easy to eat and oh, so scrumptious! I concocted a similar dip when one of my children graduated from high school—the kebabs alone were perfect for those who wanted a lighter dessert, and the dreamy dip was ideal for the party goers who preferred a more sinful treat! And just in time for all the summer gatherings, we’ve compiled a kebab-fest with a variety of kebabs, bread, sides and desserts. Scroll down to check out our menu—and click on the links to find each enticing recipe.
- Galouti Kebabs from Spice Roots
- Salad Kebabs from Miss in the Kitchen
- Hoisin Glazed Chicken Kebabs from Healthy Delicious
- Grilled Vegetable Shish Kebabs from Mother Would Know
- How to Cook Perfect Steak Kabobs from Barbara Bakes
- Salmon Kebabs from Stetted
- Naan – A Traditional Indian Flatbread from Creative Culinary
- Basmati Rice with Apples, Dried Cranberries & Almonds from The Heritage Cook
- Paneer Biryani with Cucumber Raita and Mint Chutney from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Bloody Beer w/ Antipasto Kebab garnish from girlichef
- Strawberry-Rose Kulfi with Pistachios from Pastry Chef Online
- Fruit Kebabs with White Chocolate Mascarpone Dip from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cubed fruit, berries, cherries and grapes to skewer
- 6 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Thread fruit onto wooden skewers. Place on serving platter.
- Put chopped white chocolate and ½ cup of the heavy cream into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 30 second increments, stopping and stirring till melted and smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Whisk the other ½ cup of the cream with the mascarpone cream till smooth. Whisk in vanilla, then add cooled white chocolate.
- Serve dip with skewered fruit.
Welcome to Progressive Eats, our virtual version of a Progressive Dinner Party. This month’s theme is a Kebab Fest and is hosted by Anshie Dhar who blogs at Spiceroots. Join us and make something unique and delicious!
If you’re unfamiliar with the concept, a progressive dinner involves going from house to house, enjoying a different course at each location. With Progressive Eats, a theme is chosen each month, members share recipes suitable for a delicious meal or party, and you can hop from blog to blog to check them out.
We have a core group of 12 bloggers, but we will always need substitutes and if there is enough interest would consider additional groups. To see our upcoming themes and how you can participate, please check out the schedule at Creative Culinary or contact Barb for more information.