A super Easy Coleslaw recipe that can be put together in minutes. Dotted with vibrant dried cranberries and crunchy walnuts, it’s a crowd pleaser!
Brisket was on the menu, and though the recipe offered a grilled option, it was below zero with the windchill, and only the dog was going outside! I’ve made this coleslaw recipe for years as the proportions are so easy, I never need to look up the recipe. It pairs deliciously with picnic food as well as pulled pork and now a Texas-style beef brisket.
All you need to remember is that that the majority of the ingredients are measured with a 1/3 measuring cup! A bag of coleslaw mix, then 1/3 cup of craisins, walnuts, sugar, vinegar and oil. I like to add 1/2 teaspoon of celery seed, too. Now isn’t that a snap to prepare? And without mayo, it’s perfect to take on a picnic as there’s less danger of a foodborne illness. Another reason you need to add this to your menu soon! I served this as a topper to my Oven Braised Texas Brisket that I’ll share tomorrow.
What else do you like in your coleslaw???
Serves: 6 servings
- 1 package coleslaw mix (16 ounces), or a mixture of shredded cabbage and carrots
- ⅓ cup craisins (dried cranberries)
- ⅓ cup toasted, chopped walnuts
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- Place coleslaw mix in a serving bowl. Mix in craisins and walnuts.
- In another bowl whisk together sugar and vinegar. Continue whisking as you drizzle in the oil. Mix in the celery seed.
- Toss the coleslaw mix with dressing and serve. If you like a wilted coleslaw, refrigerate for an hour before serving.