It probably is no surprise to my blog readers that I typically have about 8 pounds of butter in my freezer at any given time. And come the holidays, that number can double or even triple. What you may not know, though, is that I’m a loyal Land O Lakes® customer. I’ve tried generic brands, but my cookies turn out puffier when I use the real deal. You should see my grocery cart when there’s a sale! So imagine my excitement when a new product arrived on the shelves from Land O Lakes®…Sauté Express® Sauté Starter, a combination of butter, olive oil and seasonings that help get dinner on the table lickety-split. I chose the Garlic and Herb variety to use in my Creamy Chicken Enchiladas…which eliminated a couple steps in my recipe.
Who doesn’t love shortcuts on a busy night? The butter adds that irreplaceable taste and the olive oil increases the smoking point…which lets you cook at a slightly higher heat than with just butter alone. I sauteed thinly sliced onions in the Sauté Express® Sauté Starter, then added chopped chicken, cream cheese and diced roasted red bell pepper and the filling was ready to go. I rolled the mixture into flour tortillas, placed them in a 9 x 13 pan, topped with green enchilada sauce and cheese. 20 minutes later, there was an amazing aroma wafting through the house. The temps had been falling all day…and were predicted to plummet to a whopping 2º by daybreak. A cheesy, delicious entree was perfect for this bitterly cold night. It was seriously one of the best dinners I’ve made in months.
Some more information about this wonderful, time-saving product:
1. Land O’Lakes has an easy, delicious solution for the weeknight dinner dilemma your readers face each night – its newest innovation, Sauté Express® Sauté Starter.
a. Simply toss a Sauté Express® square in a non-stick sauté pan until it begins to bubble and sizzle; add fresh chicken, pork, shrimp or fish; and sauté in less than 30 minutes for a fast and delicious meal.
b. The product combines butter, olive oil, and a variety of herbs and spices into one convenient square.
c. The product performs best when sautéing at medium or low heat.
2. We invite you to develop your own ideas for adding Sauté Express® Sauté Starter to your regular weeknight meal rotation.
3. Share your ideas for how you can add sizzle to your meal in 140 characters or less on Twitter with the hashtag, #SautéExpress.
Serves: 6 servings
- 2 small onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (can use rotisserie chicken)
- ½ cup jarred roasted red peppers, chopped, plus more to garnish
- 6 ounces cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 squares Sauté Express® Sauté Starter, Garlic and Herb (or 2 tablespoons butter plus dried herbs/garlic powder as desired)
- 1 package flour tortillas
- 28 ounce can green enchilada sauce
- 8 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese
- salt, optional (I did not use)
- Preheat oven to 375º. Grease 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, cook onions in Sauté Express® Sauté Starter over medium heat,stirring frequently, till onions are slightly browned and tender. Remove from heat and add chicken, red bell peppers, and cream cheese. Carefully stir till cream cheese is incorporated. Check for seasoning and add salt if needed.
- Pour a thin layer of enchilada sauce onto the bottom of the prepared baking pan. Spoon about ⅓ cup of filling down the center of each tortilla and roll. Set enchiladas, seam-side down in the pan. Continue until pan is full. Cover with remaining sauce and top with grated cheese. Sprinkle with some minced red peppers to garnish if desired. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Serves 6.
Lucky you can enter to win a coupon for your very own Sauté Express® Sauté Starter…leaving a comment is all that’s required to to enter. With apologies to all my international friends, this giveaway is offered to US residents only. Giveaway winner will be selected at midnight on January 31, 2013.
Giveaway is over.
You can keep track of the latest Land O Lakes® products on their social media sites:
Disclosure: The author received a full-value coupon redeemable for Sauté Express® Sauté Starter for recipe development and review purposes. All opinions are my own.
The Sunday Supper Team is super excited to try this product and can’t wait to share their meal ideas with you during our #SundaySupper chat on Twitter at 7 p.m. Eastern Time this Sunday!
Not only that, Sauté Express® Sauté Starter is perfect for easy #WeekdaySupper meals. We’re going to help inspire you to make mealtime sizzle with quick & easy meals in 30 minutes. It can be done! Just follow the hashtag #SauteExpress on Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Sauté Express® Chicken Recipes:
Chicken Florentine Pasta by Supper for a Steal
Creamy Lemon-Chicken & Artichoke Lettuce Wraps by girlichef
Chicken Parm Tenders over Spinach & Orzo by Momma’s Meals
Sizzling Chicken Stir-fry with Seasoned Green Beans and Almond Rice by Mama.Mommy.Mom
Garlic and Herb Chicken Fettuccine by in the Kitchen with KP
Italian Chicken Pasta Wrap by Big Bears Wife
Shells with Chicken and Pancetta by The Foodie Armie Wife
Sauté Express® Fish and Seafood Recipes:
Easy Cajun Shrimp Pilaf by Daily Dish Recipes
Crabmeat stuffed Flounder Roulades by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
Blackened Tilapia Po’ Boys by Juanita’s Cocina
Tomato-Basil Shrimp with Orzo and Feta by The Weekend Gourmet
Sauté Express® Ham and Pork Recipes:
Ham and Vegetable Frittata by Magnolia Days
Savory Butter and Olive Oil Pork Chops by In the Kitchen with Audrey
Skillet Lemon Pepper Pork and Orzo by Family Foodie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter each Sunday. We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET and you do not want to miss out on the fun. Follow the#SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.