Cranberry Cream Cheese Bars are perfect for your Thanksgiving dessert buffet. Or wait till after the holiday, and use that extra can of cranberry sauce to make them for your holiday cookie exchange in December.
Tired of the Same Ol’ Thanksgiving Leftovers?
Well, the Sunday Supper crew has you covered. Today we are sharing all sorts of incredible dishes you can make from your turkey day leftovers. At Chez Berg, turkey tetrazzini and sandwiches are a given, but by day three I need some inspiration. If you happened to buy an extra can of whole berry cranberry sauce, though, I can help.
Oatmeal Crust + Cheesecake Filling + Cranberry Sauce + Streusel
This is the time of year to stock up on canned pumpkin, an extra turkey for your freezer, and cranberry sauce. With sales rampant, it just makes sense. One the few fruits native to North America, the cranberry is nearly always associated with Thanksgiving dinner. When my parents would visit for the holiday, I’d always grab a can of cranberry sauce, my dad’s preference…while my mom and I favored the freshly ground relish, which also graced our table. But sitting on our lazy susan, behind a cupboard door, that can of jelled cranberries would often get forgotten due to all the craziness in the kitchen. So if you happen to have a memory lapse like me or spot an extra can in your pantry, I hope you’ll try this dessert. An oatmeal crust is topped with a cheesecake-like layer, followed by slightly sweetened cranberry sauce and an oat streusel. Sounds divine, doesn’t it?
Recipes for Your Thanksgiving Leftovers:
- Cranberry Sauce Muffins by The Foodie Army Wife
- Cranberry Sauce’d Cornbread Muffins by Rhubarb and Honey
- Leftover Stuffing Breakfast Strata by Ruffles & Truffles
- Sweet Potato Casserole Muffins by Magnolia Days
- Turkey & Chorizo Breakfast Hash by Brunch with Joy
- Creamy Gochujang Peanut Pasta Salad by Wallflour Girl
- Creamy Sweet Potato Soup by Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Creamy Turkey Orzo Risotto by Family Foodie
- Herbed Turkey over Cornbread Waffles with Cranberry Sauce by girlichef
- Leftover Pie by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Leftover Thanksgiving Pizza by Meal Diva
- Moroccan Turkey Stew by What Smells So Good?
- Peruvian Cilantro and Turkey Soup by The Little Ferraro Kitchen
- Stuffing Hash by The Girl in the Little Red Kitchen
- Thanksgiving Leftover Waffles by Foxes Love Lemons
- Turkey and Butternut Squash Stew by Cooking Chat
- Turkey & Caramelized Onion Risotto by kimchi MOM
- Turkey and Stuffing Crepes by Peaceful Cooking
- Turkey Croquettes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Turkey Enchilada Pasta Bake by Curious Cuisiniere
- Turkey Kreplach Soup by Panning the Globe
- Turkey with Mustard Mascarpone Marsala Sauce by Casa de Crews
- Cheesy Jalapeño Potato Cakes by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Cheesy Mashed Potato Croquettes by Noshing with the Nolands
- Cranberry Balsamic Glazed Cauliflower Wings by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Italian Mashed Potato Pancakes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Parmesan Mashed Cauliflower & Potato by Momma’s Meals
- Whipped Carrots with Sriracha Butter by Healthy Delicious
- Apple Pecan Chicken (or Turkey!) Salad by NeighborFood
- Cranberry and Turkey Sandwiches by The Redhead Baker
- Monte Cristo Sandwich by Nik Snacks
- Sprouted Grain Turkey, Cranberry & Brie Panini by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Turkey Cranberry Flatbread by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Turkey Hot Brown by The Life and Loves of Grumpy’s Honeybunch
Condiments & Sauces:
- Cranberry Vinaigrette by Nosh My Way
- DIY Yellow Mustard by The Texan New Yorker
- Leftover White Wine Syrup by Food Lust People Love
- Banana Cheesecake with Pecan Graham Cracker Crust by Desserts Required
- Cranberry Cream Cheese Bars by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Gluten Free Lemon Drizzle Cake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiced Cranberry Sauce Buckle by The Wimpy Vegetarian
Cocktails & Drinks:
Serves: 24 bars
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ cups quick oats
- ¾ cups plus 1 tablespoon brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 (16 ounces) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven 350°. Line a 13 x 9 baking pan with non-stick foil.
- In large bowl combine flour, oats, ¾ cup sugar and butter; mix until crumbly. Set aside 1½ cups crumbs for topping, and press the rest into the prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- In large bowl beat cream cheese until fluffy, gradually mix in condensed milk, lemon juice, and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust. In small bowl combine remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar, cornstarch and cranberry sauce. Spoon over cream cheese mixture. Sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top.
- Bake 40 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack, then chill before cutting. Store in refrigerator.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our#SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here—>Sunday Supper Movement.