Cranberry Bliss Cookies
It’s the 3rd month for our Chocolate Party hosted by Roxana of Roxana’s Home Baking. This month, our assignment was to combine chocolate with cranberries. I have already made two variations of Starbuck’s Cranberry Bliss Bars, so I roamed around the Internet to see if there was a cookie version. Lo and behold, I located a cookie recipe chock full of dried cranberries, white chocolate chunks, pecans and crystallized ginger. I took the liberty of tweaking it slightly. Since I’ve never experienced the original Cranberry Bliss, I can’t tell you whether these emulate the flavors of the seasonally featured bars. But I must say, they’re darned tasty.
A Winning Combination
These Cranberry Bliss Cookies are truly the best cookies I’ve made in months, maybe all year. Seriously wonderful!You can find my Cranberry Bliss Bar recipes here. But I think these cookies are even better!!
Tip of the Day:
The addition of shortening gives these cookies some structure. You can use all butter, but expect a flatter cookie.
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1¾ cup flour
- ⅔ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans, toasted
- ⅓ cup crystallized ginger, finely chopped
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line baking sheets with parchment and set aside.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugars. Add egg and vanilla and mix well. Mix in salt and baking soda, then flour. Stir in cranberries, pecans, ginger and white chocolate.
- Scoop, then roll tablespoonfuls of dough. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes or till golden. Cool for a few minutes on baking sheet then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
Please check out Dixie Crystals’/Imperial Sugar’s Bake it Forward Mission. It encourages making a difference by baking, and sending a tin of treats to share the love. You’ll love their idea!!!