If you’re a fan of Twix bars or any treat combining shortbread, chocolate and caramel, these glorious Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Cookies will rock your world!!! Scroll down for the chance to win our 12 Days of Christmas CASH giveaway!
Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Cookies
I can’t say I’ve eaten very many Twix candy bars, but I adore almost any dessert that involves chocolate and caramel. These Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Cookies start with a round of buttery shortbread, then a dollop of dreamy caramel, and finally a smear of milk chocolate. To push these even further over the top, you can sprinkle with some sea salt (I love Maldon) or coarse sugar. They look so elegant with a bit of sparkle.
Two Sweetie Pies
Thanks again to my lovely friend, Danielle, for another magnificent recipe! She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. I promise you will love whatever you try from her blog!!! We share a recipe from each other’s sites every second Monday of the month. I took these Twix copycats to a morning gathering at a friend’s house where I immediately got a recipe request. I’m glad I gave some away as I could eat the whole batch myself!
Check out Danielle’s social media sites! Plus make sure to stop by her blog and check out which of my recipes she made this month, too. And if you’re curious about her take on these gems, find her Chocolate Caramel Shortbread Cookies here.
- 1½ cups butter (3 sticks), at room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 bag Kraft caramels (approximately 15 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 12 ounces milk chocolate, chopped (I used Ghirardelli bars)*
- 1½ teaspoons shortening, optional
- Coarse sugar or Maldon sea salt, optional, to sprinkle over chocolate.
- Preheat oven to 350 and line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar.
- Add vanilla, flour and salt and mix until dough forms.
- Roll half the dough out between 2 sheets of parchment dusted with flour. Roll to ¼ inch thickness.
- Use round cookie cutter (mine were 2 inches in diameter). Place on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes. Let cool.
- Melt caramel and cream in microwave until smooth.
- Spoon onto each cookie and let set.
- Gently melt chocolate and shortening in microwave and spoon carefully over the set caramel. Sprinkle coarse sugar or sea salt over chocolate if desired. Let the chocolate solidify before serving.
*You can also use Ghirardelli Dark Melting Wafers if you don't want to risk having your chocolate bloom.
Twelve Days of Christmas Grand Finale Giveaway!
Open to US Residents 18 and up. Good luck!!!