Chicken with Broccoli, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Bow Tie Pasta is one of those easy, weeknight meals that’s sure to win over your family with their first bites!
Chicken with Broccoli, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Bow Tie Pasta
Time is short…kids are going back to school, or in my case, packing up for college. Quick and easy dinners are almost a given. I copied the this recipe for Chicken with Broccoli, Sun-dried Tomatoes and Bow Tie Pasta on a scrap of paper nearly two decades ago…it’s morphed a bit through the years. Today’s Sunday Supper theme is meals that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less…and this definitely fits the bill. All you need is a loaf of crusty bread and your meal is complete. Make sure to scroll down to below the recipe to see the huge number of contributors and all their amazing ideas!
To speed up production, start prepping your chicken and broccoli while bringing the pasta water to a boil. While the pasta is cooking, you can sauté the chicken et al, then patiently wait for both components to finish up. It won’t take long.There are no exact measurements…you can use the whole box of pasta, more or less broccoli, or amp up the red pepper flakes. Every ingredient can be increase or decreased according to your preferences. I’ll give a general recipe and you can tweak away. This Chicken with Broccoli is my youngest’s favorite pasta meal…he doesn’t need to know it’s a no-brainer!
Tip of the day: always cook pasta in well salted water…it should taste briny like the ocean. The end result will be much tastier.
Serves: 4 servings
- 8 + ounces bow tie pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes or strips
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- ½ cup sun-dried tomato halves*, cut into strips (or use julienned sun-dried tomatoes for quicker prep)
- ¼ cup white wine or vermouth
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 2 heads of broccoli, stems removed and cut into florets
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Cook pasta, drain and toss with butter.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in large saucepan. Add chicken, garlic, seasonings and sun-dried tomatoes. Cook till chicken is nearly cooked through and lightly browned. Add wine and allow to reduce slightly. Add chicken broth, then broccoli florets. Cover and let steam for 3-4 minutes, stir, then cook till broccoli is tender, but still bright green. Add bow ties and toss so that juices coat pasta.
- Serve with Parmesan cheese if desired.
More Recipes from the Sunday Supper Crew:
- Greek Dogs by Supper For a Steal
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad by Magnolia Days
- Double Duty Fajita Chicken: Nachos Supreme and Enchiladas by Doggie at the Dinner Table
- Zucchini, Corn and Bacon Crepes by Vintage Kitchen
- Oregon Shrimp Quesadillas by Pescetarian Journal
- Lemon Dillled Salmon Croquette Burgers by Granny’s Down Home Southern Cooking
- Gluten Free Pepper Steak with Rice by No One Likes Crumbley Cookies
- Crispy Ravioli in Cherry Tomato Sauce by Shockingly Delicious
- BLT Soup by Meal Planning Magic
- Korean Pan-Fried Fish by Kimchi Mom
- Stove top mac ‘n cheese by Gotta Get Baked
- Deconstructed Enchiladas by In the Kitchen with KP
- Croque Monsieurs by Juanita’s Cocina
- Summer Squash and Mushroom Quesadillas by Chocolate Moosey
- Seared Lamb on a bed of Mashed potatoes with Artichoke Hearts by Cooking Underwriter
- Garlicky Pasta with Swiss Chard and Beans by Webicurean
- Grilled Chicken Caesar Pizza by In the Kitchen with Audrey
- Garlicky Pasta with Swiss Chard and Beans by The Lemon Bowl
- Shredded Chicken in Peanut Sauce Tacos w/ Corn & Zucchini Sauté by GirliChef
- Pollo a la Crema by La Cocina de Leslie
- Baked Tilapia Fish Tacos by Home Cooking Memories
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken with a Yogurt Dill sauce and a Greek Salad by Noshing with the Nolands
- Wagon Wheel Pasta with Pancetta & Peas by Chelsea’s Culinary Indulgence
- Ricotta – Tofu Tomato Toasts by Yummy Smells
- One Pot Spicy Asian Chicken and Rice by Hezzi D
- Turkey Italian Brown Rice Casserole by Momma’s Meals
- Flatbread Pizza with Cilantro Garlic Sauce by Mom’s Test Kitchen
- Cashew Chicken Stir-fry by Diabetic Foodie
- Chicken Bacon Avocado Quesadillas by Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- Roasted Butternut Lo Mein by The Meltaways
- Potluck Casserole with Cornbread Stuffing by Cindy’s Recipes & Writings
- Loaded Chicken and Steak Stuffed Potatoes by Big Bears Wife
- Steamed Tofu Serve with Fried Mix Vegetables by My Trials in the Kitchen
- Pasta with sausage and cherry tomatoes by Tora’s Real Food
- Chicken Ravioli with Peas and Bacon by Daddy Knows Less
- Quick N Easy Thai Coconut Shrimp Stir Fry by Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Whole Wheat Pizza with Hummus & Fresh Greens by Family Spice
- Speedy ‘n Spicy Shrimp Pasta by The Weekend Gourmet
- End of Summer Grilled Peach and Chicken Salad by Sustainable Dad
- Teriyaki Tuna Bowl by Family Foodie
- Weeknight Stir Fry by From Fast Food to Fresh Food
- Baked Egg with Mushrooms and Bacon by Pippi’s in the Kitchen Again
- Taco Bake by Daily Dish Recipes
- Fried Rice and Black Beans by Mama’s Blissful Bites
- Pasta in Tomato sauce and turkey meatballs by Basic & Delicious
- Pasta Primavera by Midlife Road Trip
- Tots Your Tots Will Love by The Hand that Rocks the Ladle
*I used these delicious Bella Sun Luci Tomato Halves with Italian Herbs from Mooney Farms in this recipe. The garlic and herbs complimented my dish perfectly.
Disclosure: Mooney Farms provided me with a variety of their sun-dried tomato products. The opinions stated in this post are my own and I was not compensated for writing this post.