This Chicken and Bell Pepper Chili made its debut at a Super Bowl party we hosted eons ago. The crowd went nuts and I had numerous recipe requests. This was back in what my kids might refer to as the Stone Age, before most of my friends used the Internet. I printed off copies of the Ina Garten recipe and dropped them in the party goers’ mailboxes. Years later, I made a batch for a family dealing with health issues…and the husband, a self proclaimed foodie, told Bill he wasn’t too excited when he heard my dinner delivery was “chicken chili.” But he changed his tune after sampling this splendid version.
Ina’s basic recipe can easily be tweaked depending on your tolerance for heat. The recipe, as written, has crushed red pepper flakes and cayenne pepper. I serve ours with sour cream for the hubby’s tender palate, but my boys didn’t mind it simply topped with cheese and tortilla chips. Add some frozen corn and/or black beans if you’d like…I think you’ll find this is a marvelous change from your typical chicken chili.
This week, the Sunday Supper crew is having a Chili Cook-Off! It is definitely chili weather…a piping hot bowl of spicy chili is the perfect way to warm up your freezing self from the inside out. Scroll through all the magnificent recipes…and be sure to vote for your favorite recipe using the link below. The winner will receive a free ticket to the Food and Wine Conference this summer! Fingers crossed that it’s me 🙂
Will YOU be a part of the #SundaySupper Chili Cook-Off judges panel this week? Voting is live at the Sunday Supper Movement Online Community Magazine starting now and concluding (fittingly) on February 27 – National Chili Day! Browse the submissions and cast your vote by clicking HERE!
Beef and Bison Chili
- Bison & Black Bean Chili from It’s Yummi!
- Cincinnati Chili from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Bean Chili from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Chili con Carne from Manu’s Menu
- Gesundheit Chili from Magnolia Days
- Hellfire Chili from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Hoisin Beef Chili from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Moroccan Harissa Spiked Chili from MarocMama
- Short Rib Chili from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Chili from Hip Foodie Mom
Chicken, Duck, and Turkey Chili
- Asian Five Spice Duck Chili from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Buffalo Turkey Chili from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chicken and Bell Pepper Chili from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Meatball Chipotle Chili from Soni’s Food
- Gluten Free Turkey Chili from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Kickin’ Chicken Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Low Calorie Turkey Chili from Basic N Delicious
- Olé Mole Turkey Chili from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Quick & Easy Chipotle Turkey Chili from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Shockingly Delicious Chili Mole with Red Beans and Raisins from Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili from Family Foodie
- Thai Chicken Chili from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- White Chicken Chili from The Foodie Army Wife
Mixed (meat combo) Chili
- Best Damn Chili Ever from Noshing With The Nolands
- Chili con Tres Carne from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Daddy’s Favorite Chili from Momma’s Meals
- Harlem Meatloaf Chili from Neighborfood
- Leslie’s Best Chili from La Cocina de Leslie
Fish and Seafood Chili
- Scrumptious Seafood Chili from A Kitchen Hoor
- Easy Vegetarian Chili with Raisins and Cashews from Delaware Girl Eats
- New Orleans Style Vegetarian Chili from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Vegan Slow Cooker Chili from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Chicken Chili Cheese Fries from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chili Cornbread Cupcakes from In The Kitchen With KP
- Chili Topped Tater Tots from Ruffles & Truffles
- Spicy Chili Mac from girlichef
Best Wines To Pair with Chili #SundaySupper from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.