These rich and delectable Cheesecake Swirl Brownies combine two of my favorite desserts: fudgy brownies and vanilla cheesecake!
Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
I usually try to give up something ridiculously hard, like cookie dough, for Lent. I won’t say how long I last before I find myself mindlessly shoveling in a spoonful of raw deliciousness…thus breaking my vow. I do at least make an attempt. And because of the great sacrifice I’ll be making as Lent arrives, it was imperative I bake up something ridiculously decadent like these Cheesecake Swirl Brownies.
Marbling Expertise Not Needed!
I still haven’t mastered the fine art of marbling, but it really doesn’t matter when it comes to these brownies. Throw away all those other recipes for cheesecake brownies as this one is THE best. I promise. So good, in fact, that I sent a plate home with Tom and another back with Nick, who was visiting for the weekend, just to keep my little paws away from the temptation. It’s truly a wonderful combination of brownies and cheesecake.
More Mardi Gras Recipes
Mardi Gras is the huge celebration that culminates on Fat Tuesday, the day prior to Ash Wednesday. It’s the time to indulge in food and drink before the solemn season of Lent begins. This week, the Sunday Supper Gang is throwing a Fat Sunday gala in order to provide you with some scrumptious recipes for your calorie laden feast this Tuesday. Whether you serve Cajun, Creole, or classic Fat Tuesday fare like Kings Cake or pancakes, you’ll find inspiration here. Thanks to lovely Leslie from La Cocina de Leslie for hosting us today!
Cocktails & Other Beverages:
- The Hurricane Cocktail Recipe from An Appealing Plan
- The French 75 from Kimchi MOM
- Sweet Potato Pie Smoothie from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Fried Oysters and Remoulade from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Shrimp in Mustard Sauce from Noshing With The Nolands
- Mini Sweet Potato Pies from MealDiva
- Cajun Crab Beignets from Delaware Girl Eats
- Pancetta and Mushroom Arancini from Ruffles & Truffles
- Creole Shrimp Po Boy Recipe from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Chicken and Sausage Gumbo from Supper for a Steal
- Sausage and Shrimp Jambalaya from Yours And Mind Are Ours
- Vegan Pizza Waffles from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Red Beans and Rice from Cookin’ Mimi
- Baked Catfish Po’Boy from Curious Cuisiniere
- Muffaletta from Casa de Crews
- Bayou Seafood and Andouille Jambalaya from The Weekend Gourmet
- Seafood Gumbo from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Cajun Rice and Beans from Momma’s Meals
- Creole Celery Root Bisque (with Lobster) from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Louisiana Roasted Barbecue Shrimp from Food Lust People Love
- Cajun Dirty Rice Bowls from The Dinner-Mom
- New Orleans Fried Chicken from Family Foodie
- Baked Endive and Pears in Blue Cream Sauce from Shockingly Delicious
- Okra Creole from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Banana Creme Pie with Honey Whipped Cream and Pecan Brittle from The Foodie Patootie
- Chocolate Ganache Tart from Melanie Makes
- Banana Bread Pudding from Gotta Get Baked
- Delicious Saffron Baked Beignets from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- New Orleans Bread Pudding with Caramel Whiskey Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Polish Paczki from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Buttermilk Beignets from The Messy Baker
- Eggless Bread Pudding in a Jar from What Smells So Good?
- Mint Julep Bars from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Mardi Gras Cupcakes with Cinnamon Frosting from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Mardi Gras Long Johns from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Mexican Chocolate Coffee Cake from La Cocina de Leslie
- Fasnetküchle from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Pecan and Chocolate Pralines from Desserts Required
- Chocolate Raspberry Cake from Clarks Condensed
- Baked Coconut Beignets from Mess Makes Food
- Ravioli dolci di Carnevale from Manu’s Menu
- Strawberry Paczki from Neighborfood
- Blackberry Fritters from girlichef
- Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
- Flourless Chocolate Cake in a Mug with Coconut Cream from Sue’s Nutrition Buzz
- Pecan Bars from Pies and Plots
- “Skinny Tuesday” Bananas Foster Cheesecake Parfaits from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Mocha Pear Cake from Happy Baking Days
- Skinny Baked Beignets from Daily Dish Recipes
Serves: 32 brownies
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line 9×13 pan with foil and grease with butter or use non-stick foil.
- Melt chocolate and the 6 tablespoons of butter gently in the microwave. Stir till smooth. Set aside.
- Beat the 4 eggs in an electric mixer till foamy. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat on high 3-4 minutes. On low, mix in chocolate. Sift dry ingredients into your mixer bowl and combine on low speed, scraping sides of bowl as needed.
- Beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add vanilla and sugar and beat well. Add the two eggs and beat until well combined.
- Remove 1½ cups of brownie batter and set aside. Spread the remaining brownie batter into the bottom of prepared pan. Next, carefully pour on the cream cheese mixture and spread to cover chocolate. Drop heaping tablespoons of the reserved brownie batter over top of cream cheese. Use a knife to cut through the chocolate just into the cream cheese layer to swirl and marbleize the batter.
- Bake for about 40 minutes. Cool on counter for a few hours, then chill before cutting. Store in refrigerator.
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here—> Sunday Supper Movement.