Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
I just adore these little gems. Luscious ripe strawberries are filled with sweetened cream cheese and topped with toasted almonds. The mixture of tastes and textures is heavenly. I hadn’t made these in a while, so I added them to a tray of truffle brownies for my book club for a delicious pop of color. These beauties are perfect for any gathering—for a girls night out, a cocktail nibble or even part of a lovely brunch spread. They are fantastic!!!
Simple and Elegant
Hunt down the best, most fragrant berries you can find. These just won’t taste the same if your berries aren’t top notch. The process is very simple. To prep the strawberries, I take a small paring knife to cleanly cut off the stem end. The same knife or a small melon baller can be used to remove some of the strawberry flesh to create space for the cheesecake mixture. I also cut off the tip end of the berry, creating a flat side so the berries stand upright. Cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla are whipped together till smooth, then I use a zip-lock bag with a snipped-off corner to pipe this cheesecake mixture into the cored out berries. Top with toasted sliced almonds or even mini chocolate chips! My book club loved these—I know you will, too.
Book Club Selections
- 6 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1½ tablespoons powdered sugar
- 12-15 strawberries
- Sliced almonds, toasted (may toast in a dry saute pan till lightly browned or in a 350º oven for 3-6 minutes)
- Whip cream cheese, vanilla and powdered sugar till fluffy. Put mixture into a quart ziplock bag and cut off one corner to allow for piping.
- Trim bottom of berries so that each will stand up (non-stem side). Remove stem and with knife or melon baller, and scoop out some of the strawberry flesh. Pipe filling into the opening on top of strawberry till it brims over the top. Garnish with the toasted almonds.
!Feel free to top with mini chocolate chips instead of almonds.