Cheesecake Stuffed Chocolate Bundt Cake
Bundt cakes are super easy to make, especially with a stand mixer. Chocolate always goes over well, too, at least with my family! Plus, this chocolate Bundt cake has a cheesecake ribbon running through it, a beautiful dreamy layer in each slice! I took some samples to a gathering of my girlfriends. After one bite, one of my non-baker gal pals asked if I thought this was easy enough for her to make. That’s the ultimate compliment. I assured her that I was only a couple blocks away and could walk her through the process. My family loved this cake as well, even the persnickety daughter who usually shies away from chocolate desserts.
Two Sweetie Pies
Thanks again to my lovely friend, Danielle, for another magnificent recipe! She is my go-to blogger for decadent treats. I promise you will love whatever you try from her blog!!! We share a recipe from each other’s sites every second Monday of the month.
Check out Danielle’s take on this Bundt Cake as well as her social media sites! Make sure to check out which of my recipes she made this month, too.
More Chocolate Cake Recipes You’ll Love:
- Caramel Chocolate Poke Cake from Spend with Pennies
- Flourless Double Chocolate Cake
- Cold Chocolate Snacking Cake from Barefeet in the Kitchen
- Kahlua Bundt Cake
- One Bowl Chocolate Cake from Valerie’s Kitchen
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped (I used Ghirardelli)
- ¾ cup boiling water
- 1¾ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 12 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 5 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Mini Chocolate Chips, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray the Bundt pan with Bakers Joy or Pam with flour.
- To make filling, beat cream cheese and sugar. Add egg, vanilla, and flour. Beat well and set aside.
- To make the cake, place the cocoa and chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Add the boiling water and cover for 5 minutes Whisk smooth and Let cool to room temperature.
- Once cool, whisk in the sour cream..
- Meanwhile, in a mixer, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda. Add the dry ingredients alternating with the chocolate mixture to the mixer. Start and end with the dry mixture, beating with each addition. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Pour less than half in the pan (I used about a third of the batter). Dollop the cream cheese along the center. Top with the rest of the batter.
- Bake approximately 45- 50 minutes or until toothpick comes out almost clean.
- Cool 10 minutes and flip out onto cooling rack. Let cool completely.
- To make glaze, whisk together cream and corn syrup in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave until mixture starts to boil. Add in the chocolate and let rest for a few minutes. Whisk until smooth. Let cool to thicken slightly, then drizzle over top of the cake. Sprinkle with a few mini chocolate chips if desired. Cool before slicing.