I can never resist a quick Asian inspired stir fry recipe. This simple to make Cashew Chicken is no exception! This post is sponsored by McCormick. See bottom of post for details.
Who Doesn’t Love a Quick and Easy Recipe?
I’d much rather spend the day dusted in flour and covered with chocolate drips preparing a decadent dessert than making dinner. I DO want to eat something spectacular for my evening meal, but my heart isn’t always into fixing a recipe with a multitude of steps. Thank goodness McCormick has come to the rescue. I selected their Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry Skillet Sauce in hopes of creating a quick dinner that would please my hubby’s picky palate.
Mis en Place
Are you familiar with the French term mis en place? The literal translation is set in place and refers to having all your ingredients measured, chopped and ready to go before you start cooking. This process can happen early in the day so when dinner time approaches, the task of cooking or baking is less daunting. As pictured above, I had my meat and vegetables cut and cashews toasted. This allowed for more efficiency when I was ready to roll–just like a restaurant chef. Give it a try. And look for quality products, like McCormick’s Skillet Sauces, that can lighten your workload without compromising flavor.
I briefly marinated the chicken while I prepped the other ingredients. A quick stir fry of the vegetables and chicken was done in a flash, then I added McCormick’s Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry Sauce to finish off the dish. It took me less than a half hour to have this meal ready and—drum roll—Bill gave it two thumbs up. So this cashew chicken was quick, tasty and a hubby pleaser. Can’t beat that!
McCormick’s Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry Skillet Sauce
As one of the 7 new Skillet Sauces offered by McCormick, this Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry Sauce infused the classic Asian flavors of ginger, garlic and soy sauce into my cashew chicken. There was no need drag out a slew of bottles and measuring utensils. I was delighted to see sesame oil on the list of ingredients, a key component in all my homemade stir fries. A bit of cornstarch allowed the sauce to thicken as it came to a boil. So much yumminess in one 9-ounce packet! And now I have 6 varieties more to try!
- ½-3/4 cup toasted cashews (toast in a 350º oven for 5-10 minutes till fragrant, watch carefully)
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts, sliced into ¼-inch-thick pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1½ cups snow peas
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- Vegetable oil
- McCormick Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry Skillet Sauce
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Combine oyster sauce, dry sherry and soy sauce in medium bowl. Add sliced chicken, toss to coat and set aside while prepping ingredients.
- Using a large skillet or fry pan, heat about a teaspoon of oil and add bell peppers. Sauté till they just start to soften, about 2 minutes. Remove to large bowl. Repeat with snow peas, adding another teaspoon of oil to the pan and sauté the snow peas till they turn bright green and soften slightly. Remove to bowl. Add scallions to bowl with vegetables.
- Add about a tablespoon of oil to the pan and sauté the chicken in one layer till browned on both sides. Add the McCormick Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry Skillet Sauce and cook till hot and chicken is cooked through, just a minute or two.
- Add the scallions, peppers, and snow peas and sauté for 1-2 minutes till hot. Add cashews and serve immediately over rice.
More Easy Skillet Dinners Featuring McCormick’s Skillet Sauces:
- Black and White Bean Chicken Chili by The Dinner-Mom
- Black Bean Taco Salad with Chipotle and Garlic by Ruffles & Truffles
- Cashew Chicken by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cauliflower Skillet Steaks-Sicilian Style by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Chicken Enchilada Skillet by The Messy Baker
- Chicken Fajita Rice Bowl by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chicken Fried Rice with Sesame Seeds and Almonds by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Creamy Sicilian Style Chicken Mushrooms Ham by Family Foodie
- Fajita Quesadillas by The Foodie Army Wife
- Fire Roasted Garlic Chili with Cilantro Lime Rice by Hip Foodie Mom
- One-Pot Chipotle Chicken Taco Pasta by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Picadillo by kimchi MOM
- Potato Topped Sloppy Beef Skillet by Magnolia Days
- Savory Jade Chicken in Taro Basket by Brunch with Joy
- Sesame Chicken Stir-Fry over Cauliflower Rice by Casa de Crews
- Shrimp Taco’s with a Baja Cream Sauce by Daily Dish Recipes
- Sicilian Chicken and Mushrooms Spaghetti Squash Casserole by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Sicilian Skillet Chicken over Parmesan Zucchini “Noodles” by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Skillet Sicilian Chickpeas Over Brown Rice by Shockingly Delicious
- Skillet Taco Nacho Bake by The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Smokey BBQ Pulled Chicken Sandwiches With Creamy Coleslaw by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Smoky Skillet Chicken and Rice by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Sriracha Sesame Shrimp and Grits by I’m Not the Nanny
- Tex-Mex Sloppy Joes by The Weekend Gourmet
- Tres Carne Fire Roasted Garlic Chili over Egg Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
Follow McCormick for Terrific Ways to Spice Up Your Meals!
Find more quick and tasty recipes on McCormick’s Easy Skillet Dinners Pinterest Board
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Disclosure: This post is sponsored by McCormick in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.