Welcome to day #2 of Christmas Week, a multi-blogger event co-hosted by Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic and Jen of Juanita’s Cocina. Today’s theme for Christmas Week is “Peppermint Surprise”. Make sure you visit all the participating bloggers today to see what special dish they whipped up for you.
- Peppermint Marshmallows from Kim of Cravings of a Lunatic
- Peppermint Chocolate Chip Cookies from Jen of Juanita’s Cocina
- Candy Cane Blossoms from Liz of That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Peppermint Brownie Trifle from Kristen of Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker
- Candy Cane Mocha from Isabelle of Crumb
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate from Erin of Dinners, Dishes and Desserts
- White Chocolate Peppermint Covered Pretzels from Erin of Spiffy Cookie
Minty Brownie Bites from Cathy of The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
Candy Cane Oreo Cheesecake Cookies from Chung-Ah of Damn Delicious
Katie has been hinting around about these Candy Cane blossoms for weeks…she saw these on Pinterest…and made sure I pinned them, too. I’m not sure what her ulterior motive was…for me to buy a bag of Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses or for me to make these cookies. Either way, she got her wish. And the girl lucked out…her brother was home for break and he was not a fan of these particular Hershey’s Kisses and her father is not crazy about mint. Katie divvied out two per day for her after-dinner treat…eating the cookie first, then savoring the creamy chocolate after that. Don’t these just shout Christmas?!!!
Tip of the Day: I found waiting 3 minutes before adding the Kiss worked perfectly. I tried a few after one minute and the Kiss melted and totally lost its iconic shape.
- ½ cup (I stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Red and Green decorative sugar
- 48 Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside. Unwrap Kisses.
- Cream butter and sugar, then add egg and vanilla and mix till well blended. Mix in milk, then add dry ingredients and mix till combined.
- Shape into 1-inch balls. Roll in colored sugar and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or till cookies are set and very lightly browned. Allow to cool about 2-3 minutes, then press a Kiss into the middle of each cookie. Remove cookies to wire rack to finish cooling.