I was hosting my book club last week and needed an array of finger foods. A mix of sweet and savory is imperative…and nothing too sloppy to drip on our books and Kindles. When I spotted these Butterscotch Blondies with White Chocolate Chips on Danielle’s blog, I knew they’d be a hit. Butterscotch chips are melted and mixed into the cookie dough batter along with white chocolate chips. Danielle went even further and topped hers with homemade salted caramel sauce…doesn’t that sound incredible???
Each month, Danielle, creator of the sinfully delicious Hugs & Cookies XOXO blog, and I whip up a dish from one another’s blogs. We each create a #TwoSweetiePies post and surprise each other with which recipe we’ve chosen. I used to shy away with any dessert containing butterscotch chips till trying one of my girlfriend’s oatmeal butterscotch cookies. I quickly got on-line and stocked up on Guittard Butterscotch chips and have discovered that I am indeed a fan. These chewy butterscotch flavored bars are the perfect foil for the ultra smooth and creamy white chocolate chips. Even just a small square will satisfy your sweet tooth. But I have a feeling you’ll go back for seconds.
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup butterscotch chips, melted carefully in microwave at 70% power until smooth
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350º. Line an 8×8 pan with nonstick foil and set aside.
- In mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, egg and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- On low, add melted butterscotch chips and mix until smooth, scraping sides as needed.
- Still on low, add baking soda, salt and flour and mix only till combined. Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Spread in pan and bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool, then cut into bars (pop into the fridge for quicker cooling and easier cutting).
And be sure to follow Danielle on her social media sites and blog: