This is one of my favorite appetizers. When I first made it, I wasn’t sure about the combination of raspberries and rosemary…but it is lovely! We have a neighborhood ornament exchange tonight with the option of bringing a bottle of wine or an appetizer…I wasn’t going to miss a good excuse to have a few nibbles of this delightful hors d’oeuvre.
- ½ cup raspberry jam or preserves
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (I recommend Dufour brand...I find it at Whole Foods)
- 1 Baby Brie round (6-7 inches in diameter or 13.2 ounces...anything about that size is fine)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Gently stir together jam, berries and rosemary in small bowl. Roll out puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to a 12 inch square. Cut rind off top of brie and discard. Place brie on center of puff pastry, cut side up. Spoon jam mixture on top. Fold pastry on top of brie...starting with two opposite sides, then the remaining two sides. Press along seams to seal. Brush pastry with beaten egg to glaze. Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake about 30 minutes, till golden brown. Let cool 20 minutes before serving. Place on a platter and surround with crackers or baguette slices. Garnish with fruit if desired.