Best Beef Marinade
We do a ton of grilling in the summer…especially on Sunday evenings. And for Father’s Day, I knew I’d have to pull out all the stops. I dug deep into my recipe archives to find one of my favorite beef marinades. It can be thrown together easily as it’s made with handy dandy pantry ingredients. I always have soy, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, ground ginger, garlic and vegetable oil on hand. Just mix these together, add your flank steak and marinate overnight. This grilled flank steak with soy, garlic and ginger marinade is certain to become your family favorite, too.
I know, I know. Two marinated meat recipes this week. Where are the sweets? What have I been baking? Stay tuned for Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie coming up for Sunday Supper! It will cool you off while satisfying your sweet tooth. But we all needed some grilling inspiration for the long holiday weekend, right? Have a safe 4th, everyone!
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 flank steak (approximately 1 1/2 pounds)
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a gallon zip-top bag. Mix to combine. Add flank steak and refrigerate overnight.
- Light grill and grill to desired doneness. Slice across the grain and serve.
I’m starting a new series of Skinny Tips. How I keep slim is one of my most frequent inquiries. I’ll feature tips on some of my upcoming blog posts.
Tip #23: Nuts are a terrific snack. High in protein and fiber, a handful will fill help satisfy you between meals. Keep a baggy of nuts in your purse for easy access when your appointments or errands run overtime. But since they’re also high in fat and calories, remember to watch your serving size